Are you working on innovative solutions for a more sustainable future? As a young researcher, you want to contribute to the implementation of the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals? And you have always wanted to get to know Germany as a sustainability location? The you are invited to apply for the Government of Germany Green Talents Award 2022
Every year, the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) hosts the prestigious Green Talents – International Forum for High Potentials in Sustainable Development to promote the international exchange of innovative green ideas within the field of sustainability.
MORE DETAILS | Green Talents Award 2022
The award, under the patronage of Minister Anja Karliczek, honours young researchers from numerous countries and scientific disciplines each year for their achievements and efforts to making their communities, countries and societies more sustainable. Selected by a jury of German experts, the award winners are granted unique access to the country’s research elite. It is a fully funded programme for research studies in Germany.
Who can Apply?
Applicants must meet the following mandatory requirements to qualify for the Green Talents Award 2022:
- Enrolment in a master’s or PhD programme or a degree (master’s/PhD) completed no more than three years before the end of the application process
- Strong focus on sustainable development and an interdisciplinary approach in any field of sustainability research
- No more than three years of professional work experience (this excludes professional work experiences gained within the scope of an academic degree)
- Proven excellent command of English
- Significantly above-average grades
- Not a German citizen nor a resident of Germany (individuals therefore not eligible to apply: German passport holders as well as anyone living in Germany at the time of application even if the residence is temporary)
- You can refer to the FAQs section to learn more about eligibility and the requirements
How to Apply
Applications can only be submitted via the dedicated application portal. Documents that are sent to us by email cannot be accepted. If you are interested in the Green Talents Competition 2022, apply [here]. Please note that applications cannot be changed once they have been submitted nor can any missing document be handed in after the application deadline.
Application Deadline: 24 May 2022.