Government Finance Professional Development Scholarship 2021/22: Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) is offering the Government Finance Professional Development Scholarship to part-time, graduate students who wish to enrol in a degree program throughout universities in USA and Canada.
GFOA’s Executive Board voted to create the Government Finance Professional Development Scholarship to support the studies of part-time students with a career interest in state and local government finance.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA), USA & Canada
Scholarships to be taken at: Universities in USA and Canada
Scholarships level: Undergraduate & Graduate
Scholarships Worth: $10,000
Subject Eligibility: Public administration, (governmental) accounting, finance, economics, or business administration (with specific focus on government)
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International Students
Equally Check: Hispanic Scholarship Fund 2021-22 (10,000 Scholarships awarded per year)
Government Finance Professional Development Scholarship 2021| BACKGROUND
The Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA), founded in 1906, represents public finance officials throughout the United States and Canada. The association’s more than 20,000 members are federal, state/provincial, and local finance officials deeply involved in planning, financing, and implementing thousands of governmental operations in each of their jurisdictions. GFOA’s mission is to advance excellence in public finance.
Candidates are expected to meet the following eligibility criteria for the Government Finance Professional Development Scholarship 2021
- Candidates must be domestic or international students.
- Enrolment Status: Part-time; graduate level
- Course of Study: Public administration, (governmental) accounting, finance, economics, or business administration (with specific focus on government)
- Letter of Recommendation: Employer, and someone who can speak to your commitment to the public sector
- Number of Scholarships Available for Award – 2021 Level: Four $10,000 awards
- Employment Requirement: Employed at least two years by one or more state or local governments.
The following criteria are employed for the selection of qualified candidates;
- Career plans in state/provincial and local government finance
- Past academic record and work experience
- Strength of coursework and demonstrated connection between coursework and career goals
- Letter of recommendation (Please address all letters to the GFOA Scholarship Committee)
Also See: University of Kansas International Admission Scholarships 2021-2022
How-to-Apply: If you are interested for the Government Finance Professional Development Scholarship 2021, you are required to enrol in a full-time, part-time graduate studies in any accredited universities in the U.S. and Canada.
Application Deadline: Not specified
I want to apply for Government finance professional Development.