Applications for Goethe Talents Scholarship 2023 are open now to young musician, composer, singer-songwriter or instrumentalist between 20 and 30 years of age and from a transitioning or so called developing country.
The Goethe Talents Scholarship is a 12-day programme to support and connect young, aspiring musical artists including singer-songwriters and composers.
The scholarship is a cooperation between the Goethe-Institut and Pop-Kultur and will be taking place for the eighth time in 2023.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Goethe-Institut
Host Institution(s): Goethe-Institut
Scholarship Worth: Funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Young Musical Artists, Singer-Songwriters and Composers.
Nationality: Global South, North Africa or West- and Central- Asia
You May Also Like: Nottingham Global Scholarships for International Students 2023
Goethe-Institut Talents Scholarship Program | DETAILS
The participation fee, accommodation, travel expenses, hospitality (per diem) for the period of August 24th to September 4th, 2023 will be covered by the Goethe-Institut.
Goethe-Institut will also book and pay for flights and will help with visa issues.
Additionally, Music board Berlin will give a free Festival Ticket plus access to Pop-Kultur’s networking area for professionals to all talents, organize accommodation (breakfast included), cover health insurance and public transportation within Berlin.
What we expect…
- All participants will have to prepare a short input talk (of approx. 15 min.) in advance about their experience in the music field thus far and about the music scene in their respective country.
- Advanced English skills are crucial to attend the programme as there is no translation available (B2 minimum). You will be tested in advance by a local Goethe-Institut.
- You need work experience in the field of music and we need proof of at least 3 projects you participated in.
- We expect your motivation for exchange and engagement in working with a diverse group in the field of music production and performance.
- You have to cover all additional expenses that might occur during your stay.
- All applications are for individual persons only. No accompanying persons can be sponsored or included in the programme.
To be eligible for Goethe-Institut Talents Scholarship Program for Young Musicians, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be young musician between 20-30 years old
- Applicants from the Global South, North Africa or West- and Central- Asia
- Applicants must have work experience in the field of music
- Applicants must speak English fluently
- The programme is particularly focused on talents from the Global South, the Middle East and (Central) Asia.
- The talents are selected after an international application process through the worldwide network of the Goethe-Institut.
- Applicants who have already gained some experience in the field of music and have a solid grasp of the English language
How-to-Apply: To apply for Goethe-Institut Talents Scholarship Program for Young Musicians, applicants should register and fill the online form.
The talents are selected after an international application process through the worldwide network of the Goethe-Institut.
Application Deadline: April 03, 2023