Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Global Citizen Curtis Fellowship aimed at developing the professional and personal development of successful fellows through an innovative and engaging curriculum.
The Curtis Fellowship is an annual leadership development program to support youths from underserved communities in South Africa who embody the values of global citizenship.
Fellowship Sponsors: Global Citizen
Program Type: Leadership Development
Program Location: South Africa
Program Duration: 7 months
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Not specified
Nationality: South Africans
Global Citizen Curtis Fellowship 2022 | Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the Curtis Fellowship 2022, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be aged between 18-21 years at the time of application.
- Must have limited travel experience.
- Family household income must be under R 120000.
- Those who come from previously disadvantaged backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Must demonstrate strong academic and leadership potentials.
- Innovative and Engaging curriculum from April-October focused on personal and professional development.
- All expenses paid learning trip to New York City in late September exploring cultural institutions, meeting with industry leaders, and more.
- Speaker series with various industry leaders.
- Networking opportunities and internship opportunities.
- Access to a growing Alumni Network and many more opportunities.
- Monthly stipend to be included for a part-time commitment between April-October 2022.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Global Citizen Curtis Fellowship 2022 are to complete an online application on or before the application deadline.
Applicants must submit a 2-3 minute video or 500-700 word essay to email@example.com answering the following questions:
- What qualities do you identify with as an active citizen of the world?
- If selected, what lasting change would you like to achieve through the program?
- What specific socio-economic issues are you taking action on and why?
Applicants must also submit a recommendation letter from a teacher/professor, school administrator, community leader, or colleague.
Application Deadline: March 31st, 2022