Apply now for the Gates Foundation $100,000 COVID-19 Data Science Grants provided under the International COVID-19 Data Alliance (ICODA). ICODA and Grand Challenges (an initiative launched by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation in 2003) are delighted to launch the new pilot Grand Challenges ICODA COVID-19 Data Science grant programme that will focus on addressing major questions about how to reduce the harm of COVID-19 and future pandemics.
The Grand Challenges ICODA COVID-19 Data Science grant programme will provide awards of up to US$100,000 for studies lasting for between 6-12 months, starting in mid-March 2021 onwards. In addition, successful applicants will have access to ICODA’s digital workbench, as well as technical and wider support from ICODA and its partners.
Tools for Researchers
The International COVID-19 Data Alliance (ICODA) exists to enable and accelerate responsible research. At its heart is the “Workbench” – a new data platform, provided by our alliance partner Aridhia Informatics that allows researchers to discover, access and analyse global multi-dimensional datasets while respecting confidentiality and privacy.
In order to provide clear and transparent ways of working, our policies address a number of key activities:
- Researchers are required to be accredited: qualifications are checked, institutional affiliation and bona fide researcher status is established
- Project proposals are reviewed for: scientific merit, patient benefit, appropriate statistical analysis plans, facilitation of high quality research, availability of relevant data that can answer the question proposed and whether participant privacy will be protected
- Project proposals in lay form are published
- All of our researchers sign up to our Alliance principles
- Our Publications policy and an Attribution policy guiding publication of research results will be added here soon
Gates Foundation $100,000 COVID-19 Data Science Grants | HOW TO APPLY
Potential applicants are invited to apply using this application form. To assist research teams in preparing joint applications, we have also made a Word version and PDF version of the form available; but that should not be used for final submission.
Application Deadline: 19 January 2021.