Applications are currently invited from eligible and outstanding candidates for Fully-funded Yenching Academy Fellowship. The Yenching Academy provides full fellowships to its scholars, and offers them a wide array of interdisciplinary courses.
The Yenching Academy of Peking University aims to build bridges between China and the rest of the world through an interdisciplinary master’s program in China Studies. This initiative brings together international students as young people who have demonstrated a talent for leadership and innovation.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Yenching Academy of Peking University, China
Host Institution(s): Yenching Academy of Peking University, China
Fellowship Worth: Fully-funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: International Students
DETAILS | Fully-funded Yenching Academy Fellowship
At Yenching, they are immersed in an intensive learning environment where they can explore China and its role in the world – past, present, and future. The Academy’s goal is to shape new generations of global citizens with a nuanced understanding of China.
Working closely with their academic mentors, Yenching Scholars create their own study paths by choosing courses from six research areas. They participate in a variety of extracurricular activities and field studies, organized by the Yenching Academy, and designed by scholars themselves.
To be eligible for Fully-funded Yenching Academy Fellowship, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be international students
- Applicants must have a Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any field or currently enrolled in a degree program awarded no later than August 31, 2023
- An outstanding academic record;
- Strong interest in interdisciplinary study of China;
- A record of extracurricular achievement, community engagement, social responsibility, and leadership potential;
- English proficiency.
- Peking University does not allow students to be enrolled in other degree programs whilst studying at the university.
The Yenching Academy provides a generous fellowship benefits to all scholars, including:
- Tuition Fee
- Monthly stipend
- One round trip travel fare
- Field study cost
How-to-Apply: Candidates may apply through Yenching Academy’s online application portal. More details will be available through the admissions portal once the applicant has created an account.
Each applicant will create an account on the Yenching Academy admissions portal and submit the following materials in English:
- Completed online application form;
- Personal statement (750 words or less);
- Statement of Research Interest (maximum 1500 words, excluding citations);
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Official transcript(s);
- Diploma(s) or Certificate(s) of Enrolment;
- Two academic letters of recommendation;
- English requirements and minimum scores:
○ IELTS (Academic): Overall 7.0
○ TOEFL (iBT): Overall 100
○ Cambridge English Scale (Advanced): Overall 185
○ CET 6: Overall 600
○ TEM 4: Pass level of “良好” or above
Native English speakers and alumni of an English taught degree program (undergraduate or above) are not required to provide English proficiency test scores.
Application Deadline: Not stated