Applications are hereby invited from eligible candidates from a diverse background across the globe for the fully funded UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) Scholarships for October start date to study at the Swansea University, United Kingdom.
The UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) Centre for Doctoral Training (CDT) in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Advanced Computing (AIMLAC) aims at forming the next generation of AI innovators across a broad range of STEMM disciplines.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): UK Research and Innovation (UKRI)
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarship
Host Institution(s): University of Swansea
Scholarship Worth: Varies
Number of Awards: Not Stated
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: Domestic and International Students
You May Like: Swansea University Excellence Scholarships for International Students
UKRI Scholarships at Swansea University 2021/2022 | The Training Program
The doctoral training programme is constructed around three research themes:
- T1: data from large science facilities (particle physics, astronomy, cosmology)
- T2: biological, health and clinical sciences (medical imaging, electronic health records, bioinformatics)
- T3: novel mathematical, physical, and computer science approaches (data, hardware, software, algorithms)
- This scholarship is open to UK and international candidates (including EU and EEA).
- The typical academic requirement is a minimum of a 2:1 undergraduate degree in biological and health sciences; mathematics and computer science; physics and astronomy or a relevant discipline.
- Candidates should be interested in AI and big data challenges, and in (at least) one of the three research themes.
- You should have an aptitude and ability in computational thinking and methods (as evidenced by a degree in physics and astronomy, medical science, computer science, or mathematics, for instance) including the ability to write software (or willingness to learn it).
- Scholarship covers the full cost of tuition fees and an annual UKRI standard stipend £15,609.
- Additional funding is available for training, research and conference expenses.
- How-to-Apply: To apply, please visit the CDT website and follow the instructions to apply online.
- Contact Information: For general enquiries, please contact Rhian Melita Morris (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Application Deadline: 21 May 2021.
My first degree is public health