Fulbright South African Research Scholar Program 2022/2023: Applications are welcomed from qualified candidates for the Fulbright South African Research Scholar Program 2022-2023. The program provides opportunity for university faculty or research institute professionals to conduct research in the fields of expertise in the United States.
The Fulbright Scholar Program is a fully-funded grant that will enable successful applicants to perform high-level research at a U.S. educational institution, aimed at strengthening academic programs or curricula at their home institution.
Trending: Tips to Winning a Scholarship: How to Write a Winning Research Proposal
Fulbright South African Research Scholar Program 2022-2023 | DETAILS
The Fulbright Research Scholar program will afford the successful scholar the opportunity to perform research in their respective fields of endeavors at a U.S. educational or research institutions for a period of three to nine months.
The applicants will have an opportunity to also apply for the Fulbright-Emory Distinguished Chair Scholar Award, funded by the Halle Institute for Global Research where chairholders spend up to four months at Emory University, hosted by appropriate departments and programs.
- Be a South African citizen OR a permanent resident with a minimum of 5 years of permanent residency status in South Africa (Please note: S.A. nationals with dual citizenship from the U.S. are not eligible for the program)
- Applicants must have sufficient proficiency in English to carry out their projects and collaborate effectively with colleagues.
- Applicants must be in good health. Successful candidates will be asked to submit a Medical History and Examination Report.
- Academic excellence
- Clearly written study objectives
- Demonstrable interpersonal skills with evidence of cultural sensitivity and a genuine desire to learn more about the United States and share with American citizens aspects of South African culture
- Experience and interest in extracurricular and community activities
- Evidence of leadership potential
- A desire to further the Fulbright Program and give back to your home country upon returning
Fully funded awards generally cover the following, but can vary according to each grantee’s program:
- Monthly stipend based on the cost of living at the research site
- Monthly dependent allowance for accompanying dependents
- Round trip airfare for the grantee
- Round trip airfare for one dependent accompanying the grantee for a minimum period of 80% on an eight-to nine-month grant.
- Excess baggage allowance for return travel.
- Professional allowance for books, conferences, and seminars
- Primary medical insurance coverage for the grantee
- Settling in allowance upon arrival in the U.S.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Fulbright South African Research Scholar Program 2022-2023 are to apply online before the application deadline.
Application Deadline: May 1, 2022