The Fulbright Finland Foundation collaborate with the University of Helsinki to offer Fulbright-University of Helsinki Graduate Award. This is an award for U.S, Finland and international student admitted to one of the University’s International Master’s Degree Programs.
The University offers several International Master’s Degree Programmes taught in English. Some of the programs are provided jointly by the University of Helsinki and other Finnish or foreign universities. Students in these two-year programs will find themselves in a truly international learning environment with a mixture of students from Finland and across the globe.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Fulbright-University of Helsinki
Host Institution(s): University of Helsinki, Finland
Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: Domestic & International Students
Fulbright-University of Helsinki Graduate Award | DETAILS
The University of Helsinki is the leading research university in Finland and consistently ranks among the top 20 universities in Europe. The University offers a multi-disciplinary and international study environment and the services and infrastructure, including libraries, laboratories and computer environments, are world-class.
To be eligible for Fulbright-University of Helsinki Graduate Award for International Students, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants who are going to complete a full Master’s Degree Program at the University of Helsinki.
- The Fulbright-University of Helsinki Graduate Award includes a monthly grant of EUR 1 000 (paid for nine months)
- The grantee will also be provided with a travel award (USD 1600),
- Residence permit allowance (based on the actual permit fees, incl. grantee and accompanying family members, funded by the Foundation) and
- A supplemental accident and sickness benefit (ASPE).
- Based on the agreement with the Fulbright Finland Foundation, University of Helsinki provides a full tuition scholarship (EUR 13 000 – 18 000 depending on the program) for the recipients of the Fulbright-University of Helsinki Graduate Award. The scholarship is granted also for the second year of Master’s studies provided that the grantee has been successful in their studies during the first year.
- In addition, the grantee will be eligible, free of charge, to participate in a Fulbright Finland Foundation pre-approved summer school in Finland consisting of courses in Finnish language, culture and society, pending availability of suitable programs.
- Opportunity to apply for additional funding from the Lois Roth Foundation. (This funding is applied for after arrival to Finland.)
- Alumni network and activities provided for the grantees of the Fulbright Finland Foundation programs.
- The University of Helsinki alumni network, Helsinki Alumni, invites all Fulbright grantees and scholars to the alumni network to benefit from the network activities already during their stay at the university. Signing up is cost-free. The activities for the UH USA Alumni and Friends network are open also for those, who still consider whether to apply to become the University of Helsinki Fulbright grantees.
How-to-Apply: The Fulbright-University of Helsinki Graduate Award has a dual application procedure: The Fulbright grant competition and admission to the university.
Read the detailed application information for Finland. The final selection is made by the Fulbright Finland Foundation in Helsinki.
Applicants need to apply for admission to the University of Helsinki. The application period to the university and its International Master’s Degree Programs usually begins in November.
Application Deadline: Not Specified