Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Study Grants for Foreign and German Students: Applications are invited from foreign and German students enrolling in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree programme in a recognized university in Germany for the Friedrich Ebert Stiftung (FES) Study grants for the 2021 academic session.
The FES study grants aim at providing a platform where undergraduate and postgraduate students from all over the world receive the best possible kind of tertiary education available in Germany. Applicants are encouraged to send in their application before the application deadline as late applications will not be considered.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Friedrich Ebert Foundation
Scholarship to be taken in: Germany
Scholarship Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
Scholarship Benefits: Not specified
Scholarship Slot: Not specified
Course Eligibility: Courses tenable at the university
You may also like: Study in USA: US Embassy Scholarship for Developing Nations
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Study Grants for Foreign and German Students, applicants must ensure that they meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must have received a confirmation of study place or certificate of enrolment at a state or state-recognized German (technical) university for the course for which you want to receive funding.
- Foreign applicants must also prove sufficient German language skills
- First-year students (Germans and foreign students with education) apply before or at the beginning of the first semester and need two expert opinions from teachers for the further application process.
- Applicants must demonstrate strong academic and leadership abilities.
- PhD candidates must have received unconditional notification of admission to the doctoral scholarship.
Application Procedures for the Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Study Grants for Foreign and German Students
Applicants are to follow the steps outlined to complete their applications:
- Step 1: Simply fill out the Online application. Ensure to answer the questions raised in the application about your professional and family background.
- Step 2: Eligible applicants will be asked to submit further documents via email. Two expert reports from university lecturers, information about previous training and socio-political commitment.
- Step 3: Shortlisted candidates will be invited for discussions with a liaison professor and with a member of the selection committee.
- Step 4: Final decision is taken by the selection committee on admission into one of the programs.
Application Deadline: 31st October, 2020