Applications are invited from South African nationals to apply for the FirstRand Laurie Dippenaar scholarship to pursue postgraduate studies abroad in any field at any international university of their choice.
The scholarship is worth up to R1.5 million for a Masters degree and up to R2 million for a PhD. This is available to South African citizens for postgraduate study outside South Africa, in any discipline.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): Laurie Dippenaar
- Host Institution(s): International University of their choice
- Funding Amount: Fully-funded
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Masters & PhD
- Nationality: South African Students
In order to be eligible for the FirstRand Laurie Dippenaar Scholarship, applicants must fulfil the requirements listed (below):
- Applicants must be South African Citizen
- Preference will be given to candidates under the age of 35
- Applicants with leadership qualities
- Applicants with strength of character
- Community involvement and
- Potential to be a destiny changer in his or her chosen field.
- Candidates who are currently, or have been, studying overseas for degree purposes will not be considered for this scholarship.
- Successful candidates are required to return to South Africa for at least five years after completing their studies.
How-to-Apply: The application process for FirstRand Laurie Dippenaar Scholarship is done online by registering an account and login to apply.
What makes this scholarship different from most is not only the personal interest which Laurie Dippenaar takes in the selection process, but also his interest in the ongoing progress of the recipients.
Application Deadline: March 07, 2024