FIG Foundation PhD Scholarship 2021: The International federation of Surveyors announces the opening of applications for the 2021 FIG Foundation PhD Scholarship for students from developing countries. The scholarship is aimed at supporting students who wish to study for a PhD degree in a surveying and geomatics programme.
FIG is the premier international organization representing the interests of surveyors worldwide providing an international forum for discussion and development aiming to promote professional practice and standards. Surveyors who are interested in obtaining a doctoral degree are encouraged to apply for the scholarship.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): International Federation of Surveyors
Scholarship to be taken in: Developing countries
Scholarship Worth: 4,000 Euros
Subject Eligibility: Surveying and Geomatics
Country Eligibility: Developing countries
FIG Foundation PhD Scholarship 2021 | ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
To be eligible for the FIG Foundation PhD Scholarship 2021 for students in developing countries:
- Applicants must be studying for a PhD degree and registered solely in a surveying/geomatics academic programme that teaches surveying in a country listed by the World Bank as a low-income, lower-middle or upper-middle income economy.
- Applicants must have had a paper accepted by a peer reviewed international journal based on their doctoral research project; applicants should be the lead author, and the paper should be co-authored with their supervisor.
- Applicants should not have submitted their final thesis at the application deadline.
- Applicants must demonstrate excellent academic and leadership abilities.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the FIG Foundation Ph.D. Scholarship 2021 are to submit their application by email with following required documents;
- A completed checklist
- A cover sheet showing the candidate’s personal details and those of his/her institution.
- A brief description and argument as to how the applicant’s academic programme addresses the “teaches surveying and graduates surveyors” component.
- A 200 word abstract.
- A one-page research proposal
- A comprehensive academic CV.
Please send your applications to: [email protected] with “FIG Foundation PhD Scholarship Application” as the subject.
Application Deadline: 1st June 2021