Fellowship Programmes at the French Institutes for Advanced Study 2020/21: The French Institutes for Advanced Study (FIAS) welcomes applications from eligible from high level international scholars and scientists who are conducting research in the social sciences and the humanities (SSH) for the FIAS 10-month Fellowship programme in the four Institutes of Paris, Lyon, Montpellier and Marseille.
The successful fellows will benefit from the support and conducive scientific environment provided by the institutes. The call is open to all disciplines in the SSH and all research fields. Research proposals from other sciences that seeks to collaborate with social science and the humanities are also eligible.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): French Institutes for Advanced Study
Fellowship to be taken at: France
Fellowship Level: Postdoctoral
Fellowship Worth: Not specified
Fellowship Slot: 31 positions
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Scholars and researchers from all over the world
Course Eligibility: Projects in Social Science and the Humanities
Fellowship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the Fellowship Programmes at the French Institutes for Advanced Study 2020/21, applicants must ensure that they meet the following criteria:
- FIAS awards fellowships to outstanding researchers of all career levels, from postdoctoral researchers to senior scientists.
- The minimum requirement is a PhD + 2 years of research experience at the time of the application. Exception will be made for scholars with a Master + 6 years of full-time research experience after the degree (PhD training will not be considered in the calculation of experience).
- Researchers from all countries are eligible to the Programme but they have to have spent no more than 12 months in France during the three years prior to the application deadline.
Application Procedures for the Fellowship Programmes at the French Institutes for Advanced Study 2020/21
The FIAS application and evaluation processes are done exclusively online. In order to start the application process, applicants will need to create an account via the user space. Once logged in, applicants will be able to access the application form and proceed with their application.
Applicants will be required to provide the following documents (in English exclusively):
- The Completed FIAS online application form
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- A copy of the diploma (and translation if necessary): if the writing system/script used in the diploma is not Latin (but, for example, Cyrillic, Chinese, Arabic, etc), a Latin script university certificate or official translation is requested.
- A 5-page research proposal presenting aims and methods of research; innovativeness; expected outcome (not including the bibliography)
- A comprehensive list of publications
- A selection of three to five publications (articles or book chapters)
- A letter of support/interest by an IAS’s local scientific partner (except for Marseille IAS). Please refer to individual IAS website as any application without a valid letter that does not match the IAS requirements will not be considered further.
Application Deadline: September 15, 2020, 3:00 pm (Paris, France time)