Applications are invited from suitably qualified students from ECOWAS member states for the EU-ECOWAS Scholarship programme for masters studies in the sustainable energy sector at specialized universities in West Africa.
The scholarship aims to improve access to high-quality training in the sustainable energy sector in West Africa, enabling university graduates with a focus on young professionals in the ECOWAS member states to acquire the profile required to meet the growing demand for specialists in the field of sustainable energy.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): British Council, ECOWAS
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): West African Institutions
Scholarship Worth: Varies
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate (Masters)
EU-ECOWAS Scholarship 2023 | Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the EU-ECOWAS Scholarship 2023, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be nationals of a member state of ECOWAS or Mauritania and being resident in ECOWAS’ region or Mauritania.
- Have at least a bachelor’s degree with First Class or Second Class (Upper Division).
- Have undertaken studies at least at bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, energy and environment (including renewable energy and energy efficiency), law, economics, finance and planning as deemed by the entry requirements of the chosen university.
- Work experience in the energy sector in West Africa will be an added advantage.
- Hold (at least) provisional admission into an approved course of study at the time of scholarship approval.
- Scholarship is open to working and non-working candidates. Working candidates are required to provide letter of release from their employer to complete the course for the duration of the programme.
- Commitment to publish at least 1 practice-oriented research before the end of the programme.
- Commitment to start internships within the course of study.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the EU-ECOWAS Scholarships 2023 are to complete an online application by the deadline and provide all the required information and documents.
- Identification cards such as an international passport or a national identity card.
- Proof of residency in an ECOWAS country or Mauritania.
- A copy of the provisional admission letter from a shortlisted university.
- Academic transcripts or certificate obtained.
- Any other documents to validate information provided in the application form.
Application Deadline: 23 September 2022 at 18:00 WAT