Dell Scholars Program Scholarships: Dell Scholars program introduced by Michael & Susan Dell Foundation is now open for applications and targeted at international students for a financial assistance towards their educational pursuits at University of Texas in USA.
The program is highly competitive and applicable to undergraduate students who wish to enroll in a degree program at the University.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Michael & Susan Dell Foundation
Scholarship Type: Tuition Award
Host Institution(s): University of Texas, USA
Scholarship Worth: $20,000 plus Laptop and other related expenses
Number of Awards: 500
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
Dell Scholars Program (Scholarships in USA) | DETAILS
It takes more than financial support to reach college graduation. That’s why the Dell Scholars program was designed to provide a support system for the challenges many students face while pursuing a degree. Even so, the University recognize that college costs can be a significant burden for many students and their families. Nationally, 500 Dell Scholars are selected each year to receive a scholarship plus lots of non-monetary supports
To be consider for a scholarship provided by the Dell Scholars Program, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be overseas students.
- Plan to enroll full time at an accredited higher education institution in the pursuit of a bachelor’s degree in the fall directly following high school graduation.
- Be on track to graduate from an accredited high school in the current academic year
- Demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
- Earn a minimum of a 2.4 GPA
- Participate in a program-approved college readiness program in grades 11 and 12.
Successful applicants for the Dell Scholars Program will be awarded with;
- A $20,000 scholarship
- Personalized, multifaceted support for the academic, financial, and emotional life challenges that may prevent students from completing college
- A laptop with 4-year warranty
- Chegg credits ($500 annually for four years) to be used for textbook purchases and rentals and/or textbook solutions (via Chegg Study)
- A Scholars Resource Network that connects students and their families with resources to deal with stress, debt, managing child care, and life circumstance
- A teletherapy service that connects students to professional counseling.
How-to-Apply: To be part of the Dell Scholars program, the first step is completing the online application. See key application dates here. Once submitted, all applications will be assessed and a group of semifinalists will be selected. Semifinalists are asked to submit a current copy of their high school transcript, a complete Student Aid Report (SAR) from their FAFSA, and an online recommendation. After the semifinalist information is submitted, all information is reviewed by an independent selection committee. View a sample application here.
Application Deadline: October 1, 2021