The 2021/2022 applications for STIBET scholarships for international students and doctoral candidates is now open. Interested and eligible students are hereby invited to apply to support their study in Germany.
The International Office uses STIBET funds of the German Academic Exchange Service DAAD to award scholarships of up to EUR 400 per month for 3 to 4 months to international students and doctoral candidates who wish to complete their studies/ doctorate within the next two years.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): German Academic Exchange Service DAAD
Scholarship Type: Partial Funding
Host Institution(s): University of Oldenburg, Germany
Scholarship Worth: Tuition support + up to EUR 400 per month
Number of Awards: Not Specified
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: International students
STIBET Scholarships for International Students 2021-2022 | Eligibility Requirements
- All international students and doctoral candidates who expect to complete their studies within the next two years are eligible to apply.
- Residence permit for study purposes or the purpose of a doctorate (in general according to Section 16 of the German Residence Act – AufenthG)
- Monthly income during the scholarship period may not exceed EUR 450
- The prerequisites are good academic performance; pro-bono/ voluntary work inside or outside the university is a plus.
- Scholarships of up to EUR 400 per month are awarded for 3 to 4 months.
- Successful applicant may take up one or more part-time jobs which earn him or her not more than EUR 450 before taxes per month
- Scholarship for the respective month may be reduced by the difference in recipient’s part-time job earnings as per DAAD requirements.
- How-to-Apply: Your application consist of three steps. Please note that all required steps have to be completed by the application deadline.
- Step 1: Online Application: Complete the online application form (the link to the online application form is only activated during the application period)
- Step 2: Upload Application Documents: Candidates should uploaded their application documents in a single PDF file to the university’s cloud storage [the file should be named: STIBET_last-name_first-name.pdf ]. The following documents are required;
- Completed application form (pdf)
- Motivation letter(justification of the application)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Transcript with grade average (students) or letter of acceptance of doctorate committee (doctoral candidates)
- Enrolment certificate
- Copy of the residence permit
- Copy of the registration of the thesis with the Examinations Office (students; if available yet) OR letter of acceptance of doctorate committee (doctoral candidates)
- If available: proof of pro-bono work (brief confirmation of scope and duration)
- If you are married: information about your family’s total income, including proof, if available
- Step 3: Reference letter from supervisor by e-mail: In order to complete your application, candidates should request a letter of reference from their thesis or doctorate supervisor or from a lecturer of their study programme sent by e-mail by the author to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 10 June 2021