DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarships in Southern Africa: The DAAD scholarship award funding to students in the Southern African region for a full-time Masters or PhD degrees application is now open for suitably qualified students for the 2021/2022 session . The scholarship seeks to promote the mobility of researchers between African countries and capacity building for researchers.
Master and PhD scholarships in the programme are awarded for preselected degree programmes in development-related and SDG-oriented fields at preselected institutions in Southern Africa and helps to foster collaborative researches in the region. Eligible candidates are encouraged to apply and take advantage of the scholarship offer by DAAD.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): DAAD
Scholarship to be taken in: Southern Africa
Scholarship Level: Postgraduate (MSc and PhD)
Scholarship Worth: Full funding
Subject Eligibility: Development-related and SDG-oriented fields
Country Eligibility: Southern African countries
DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarships in Southern Africa | ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
To be eligible for the DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarships in Southern Africa 2021/2022:
- Applicants must be a national of a country in Southern Africa Region
- Applicants must possess a relevant first academic degree if applying for a Master’s programme, or with a Master’s degree if applying for a doctoral programme.
- Applicants must demonstrate excellent academic and leadership abilities and must be willing to abide by the guidelines governing the conduct of students awarded DAAD scholarships.
DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship holders are eligible for exciting funding opportunities in addition to the scholarship they have received for their full-time Master or PhD degree in their region:
- Scholarship holders are eligible to apply for a short-term research visit to Germany
- Scholarship holders are eligible to apply for one of six interdisciplinary summer schools offered in Germany during their funding period:
- Heidelberg University – Enhancing Academic Qualifications in Teaching and Research in Public Health
- HAW Hamburg – Education And Research oriented Training in Health Sciences
- TH Cologne – Data to Decision: Assessment of the Water-Energy-Food (WEF) Nexus
- University of Frankfurt – Environmental and Remote Sensing Data Analysis via Geospatial Technologies in Research and Teaching
- ABI Freiburg – Contested Governance
- University of Leipzig – Project Development for Knowledge Transfer
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarships in Southern Africa will have to visit the official scholarship application page through the link provided and find the list of degree programmes funded within the scholarship programme in the Southern African regions.
Application Deadline: 15th June 2021