Columbia University Postdoctoral Research Program 2020/2021: Are seeking for where you can have a better understanding of critical scientific and social issues in global sustainable development? Columbia University offers a Postdoctoral Research program for all Candidates who wish to enroll in a research program at the University.
The program provides innovative postdoctoral scholars with the opportunity to build a foundation in one of the core disciplines represented within the Earth Institute (i.e. social, earth, biological, engineering, and health sciences), while at the same time acquiring the breadth of cross-disciplinary expertise needed to address critical issues related to sustainable development.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Columbia University, USA
Scholarships to be taken at: Columbia University, USA
Scholarship Type: Tuition award
Scholarship level: Postdoctoral
Scholarship Worth: Annual Salary of $67,530 and a stipend of $12,000
Subject Eligibility: Postdoctoral Research Courses in scientific and social issues
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Domestic & International students
Eligibility and Selection Criteria: Candidates are expected to posses the following eligibility criteria for the Columbia University Postdoctoral Research Program 2020/2021;
- Applicants must be domestic or international students.
- The award is available for Postdoctoral research program in scientific and social issues offered by the University.
- Students enrolling full time in the Honours program in the semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree certificate or equivalent in the relevant field
- Applicants must have MSc degree certificate or equivalent in the relevant field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Candidates holding current post-doc position should contact the office to determine their eligibility.
- Candidates must have received their doctoral degrees (PhD, MD or JD) within five years prior to the start of the appointment.
- Candidates holding current position with a rank above postdoctoral scientist are not eligible for appointment under University rules.
- Independent thinking and analytical aptitude for devising innovative scientific or technical solutions.
- Demonstrate capacity for effective independent work and as part of a team
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, motivation, flexibility and confidence
- Candidates must be highly motivated, responsible, and able to work independently in a structured manner, has good interpersonal and communication skill.
- Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time program at Columbia University, USA.
- English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting the Columbia University’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
You May Also Like: University of Queensland PhD International Scholarship in Australia 2020/21
Application Procedures for Columbia University Postdoctoral Research Program 2020/2021
To apply for this research scholarship, candidates must complete the online application and submit a proposal for research that would contribute to the goal of global sustainable development. Proposals may suggest participating in, contributing to, or extending existing multidisciplinary Earth Institute projects. Candidates are also encouraged to develop new, innovative projects that connect Earth Institute expertise. In addition to submitting the application and proposal, candidates are encouraged to identify and contact their desired multidisciplinary mentoring team, i.e. two or more senior faculty members or research scientists/scholars at Columbia University with whom they would like to work during their appointment.
Application Deadline: October 28, 2020