Applications are invited from mid-career Ethiopian public servants and government officials with demonstrable skills in policy, innovation, and leadership to apply for the fully funded Chevening Ethiopian Leadership Fellowship 2023.
The fellowship is funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office and hosted by Coventry University in multiple locations across the UK (London, Birmingham, Coventry, and other regions) and in Brussels, Belgium.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office
Host Institution(s): Coventry University
Fellowship Type: Fully Funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Not specified
Chevening Ethiopia Leadership Fellowship 2023 | Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the Chevening Ethiopian Leadership Fellowship 2023, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a citizen of Ethiopia and currently live in the country
- Return to your country of citizenship at the end of the period of the fellowship
- Have at least seven years’ relevant public service experience prior to applying
- Have a postgraduate level qualification, or equivalent professional training, or experience in a relevant area at the time of application
- Have excellent written and spoken English to be assessed by fellowship assessment panel
- Already be, or aspire to be, a senior leader in the Ethiopian public service
- Demonstrate a commitment to leadership development and innovation
- Not hold British or dual-British citizenship
- Not be an employee, a former employee, or relative* of an employee of Her Majesty’s Government, or have been within the last two years from the opening of Chevening applications (including British embassies/high commissions; the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy; Department for International Trade; the Ministry of Defence; and the Home Office), or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
- Full Programme fees
- Living expenses for the duration of the fellowship
- Return economy airfare from Ethiopia to the UK
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Chevening Ethiopia Leadership Fellowship 2023 are to apply online on or before the application deadline.
Application Deadline: 1 November 2022