Applications are now open for fully funded Chevening Scholarships 2023/24 to study for one-year master’s degrees at UK universities. Chevening enables outstanding emerging leaders from all over the world to pursue one-year master’s degrees in the United Kingdom. There are over 1,500 scholarships on offer globally for the 2023/2024 academic year.
The applications for Chevening Scholarships usually open in early August and closes on November. For the 2022 application round, the application opens on August 02, 2022 and will close on 01 November 2022 according to the application timeline. Interested applicants are invited to read the application guideline and send in their applications within the timeline.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Government of UK
Host Institution(s): UK Universities
Scholarship Worth: Full Funding (Amount not stated)
Number of Awards: 1500 plus scholarships
Study Level: Master’s
Nationality: International Students
Eligibility Criteria | Chevening Scholarship 2023/24
Your gender, age (there is no upper age limit), sexual orientation, religion, marriage or parenthood status, caste, class, or other attributes do not matter to us. What matters is your ability to submit a thoughtful application that demonstrates you are capable of excelling on an intense master’s course in the UK, and that you have a clear vision for your future. General eligibility may include;
- Applicants must be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country applying to study at any UK university for the 2023/24 academic session.
- Applicants must be willing to return to their home country or territory after the completion of their studies for a minimum of two years.
- Applicants must have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK but may be different depending on the applicant’s course and university choice.
- Applicants can apply to three different eligible UK university courses and receive an unconditional offer from at least one of them by 13 July, 2022.
What the Scholarship Covers
The UK Government Chevening scholarship covers all costs related to a full-time master’s course in a UK University. The award recipients receive:
- Payment of tuition fees;
- Economy travel to and from your country of residence by an approved route for you only;
- An arrival allowance;
- The cost of an entry clearance (visa) application for you only;
- A departure allowance;
- A contribution of up to £75 for TB testing, where this is required;
- A travel top up allowance and;
- A monthly personal living allowance (stipend) to cover accommodation and living expenses.
How to Apply: Interested and eligible candidates should click here to access the application. You will have to select your country/award and follow the steps and/or specific instructions to submit your application.
NB: the official application page might be experiencing some downtime because of the high volume of traffic; if you have issues accessing the page wait for a moment or save this page and come back to try again.
Application Deadline: 01 November 2022.