Canon Collins Trust in collaboration with Sol Plaatje Educational Project currently invite applications for the Canon Collins Sol Plaatje Scholarships in South Africa 2024. These scholarships are peculiar to Masters and PhD applicants.
Sol Plaatje Educational Project and Canon Collins Trust will provide funding for up to a maximum of two years for Masters and three years for PhD. Continued funding depends upon satisfactory progress and academic reports.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Canon Collins Trust and Sol Plaatje Educational Project
Host Institution(s): South African University
Scholarship Worth: R20,000 – R100,000
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Masters & PhD
DETAILS | Canon Collins Sol Plaatje Scholarships
Interdisciplinary courses and doctoral studies may sometimes defy easy categorization. Applicants are urged to use their judgement in assessing whether to apply. But applications that clearly do not fall within these areas (for example MBAs, medical sciences, sports sciences and applied sciences) will not be considered for an award.
In 2024, climate justice will be a priority. Climate Justice related scholarship applications may be in a science or applied science field as long as the application can demonstrate its relevance to climate justice related matters.
To be eligible for Canon Collins Sol Plaatje Scholarships, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be a national of, or have refugee status in, one of the following countries: Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe
- Applicants must be normally resident in one of the above countries
- Applicants must be in possession of a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application
- Applicants must be studying or applying to study at a South African university
In 2024, awards will be made only to those studying in three areas:
- Justice, which includes Climate Justice, Law, Economics and Politics
- Education policy and practice
- Humanities, which includes Literature, History, Anthropology and the Arts
Please only apply if your programme of study falls into one of these disciplines.
How-to-Apply: To be considered for Canon Collins Sol Plaatje Scholarships or Tom Queba Scholarship for Social Change, applicants should register and submit application online for this scholarship. Please apply only if you are eligible and meet ALL of the criteria.
Please download and read the guidelines carefully before applying for this scholarship.
Application Deadline: September 7, 2023