Call for Application: David Hopper Prizes for Leadership in Research for Development: Applications are entertained from eligible and outstanding researchers from low or middle-income countries for the 2020 David Hopper Prizes for Leadership in Research for Development. The prizes cover areas related to Agriculture, Environment, Inclusive Economies, Technologies and Innovation.
The David Hopper Prizes for Leadership in Research for Development are research grant awards offered to researchers with outstanding achievements in the areas of international development, in memory of International Development Research Centre’s (IDRC) first president. The award seeks to support individuals who the IDRC support will be instrumental to their careers and whose sustained original thought and leadership capacities have resulted to a positive societal impact.
Prize Sponsor(s): International Development Research Centre
Prize to be taken at: Canada
Prize level: Early Researchers
Prize Worth: CA$50,000
Subject Eligibility: Agriculture and Environment, Inclusive Economies, Technology and Innovation
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The prize is for researchers from low and middle income countries.
You may also like: 2020 IELTS Prize Scholarship for International Students in UK
Prize Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the Call for Application: David Hopper Prizes for Leadership in Research for Development, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Prizes are research grants for researchers who are outstanding from low and middle income countries who have previously acquired or recently receive IDRC support.
- A researcher must be nominated by an institution as application process is by nomination only.
- The nominee must still be actively working for the public good in one or more low or middle income countries or regions.
- The nominee must demonstrate the ability to lead/manage high-quality research projects/teams; be able to translate research outputs and outcomes into impactful policy and/or practice; be able to mentor, nurture, and promote others.
- The nominee must have produced research of exceptional quality that has an active legacy of significant positive impacts related to the Sustainable Development Goals.
- International Masters Scholarship at Universite Paris-Saclay, 2020/2021
- UN Scholarships and Research Grants for International Students, 2020
Application Procedures for the Call for Application: David Hopper Prizes for Leadership in Research for Development
The prizes will be granted as a research grant following a nomination process. A nomination package must be submitted online by an eligible institution with whom the nominee has had or still has a significant association. Consult the list of required documents for submission.
Application Deadline: July 31st, 2020