Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Blue Book Traineeship Programme of the European Commission aimed at exposing the trainee to the workings of the European Commission.
The European Commission proposes 2 types of traineeship: an administrative traineeship or a translation traineeship which open to all eligible candidates whatever their citizenship, regardless of their sex, race, colour, ethnic or social origin.
Blue Book Traineeship Programme 2022 | DETAILS
Trainees work all over the European Commission, its services and agencies, mostly in Brussels, but also in Luxembourg and elsewhere across the European Union. Subsequent career opportunities may vary between these different entities. The nature of your work will depend on the service you are assigned to. You may, for example, work in the field of competition law, human resources, environmental policy, translation, etc.
To be eligible for the 2022 Blue Book Traineeship of the European Commission, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must have completed a standard 3-year higher education degree (minimum EQF 6 Level), corresponding to a complete Bachelor’s cycle, or equivalent.
- Have no prior work experience of any kind, in excess of 6 weeks in any EU institution, body or agency.
- Have a very good knowledge of languages.
- For the administrative traineeship, you must have a very good knowledge of two EU official languages, one of which must be a working language: English, French or German at C1 or C2 level as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. And a second one at B2 level at least as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- For the translation traineeship, you must be able to translate into your main\target language (normally your mother tongue), from two other official EU languages.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Blue Book Traineeship Programme are to follow the three steps outlined below to apply:
- Create a EU Login account or login with an existing one.
- Complete and submit the application form along with your supporting documents.
- If successful, you will be invited to check the openings published on VBB portal and apply for a chosen traineeship post.
- A copy of valid ID card or Passport
- University qualifications of studies completed before the deadline for applications.
- Proof of ongoing studies, university exchange programme abroad, participation in EU or international programmes, seminars or workshops.
- Proof of all declared language skills (other than mother tongue/s).
- All declared work experience.
Application Deadline: 31st August 2022 at 12:00 midday (CEST)