BIGSAS/DAAD Graduate School Scholarship for Africans: The Bayreuth International Graduate School of African Studies (BIGSAS) is pleased to announce the 2021 BIGSAS/DAAD Graduate School Scholarship for Africans. The award is in collaboration with the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
BIGSAS provides a centre for creative and innovative doctoral training which considers the inter- and multi-disciplinary research atmosphere of the Africa Cluster of Excellence at the University of Bayreuth. Applicants must be African researchers who are resident in an African country who have contributed to the development of research in Africa.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): BIGSAS
Scholarship to be taken in: Germany
Scholarship Worth: Not specified
Subject Eligibility: Discipline related to African studies
Country Eligibility: African students
You may also like: Tips on How to Apply for Commonwealth Scholarships
BIGSAS/DAAD Graduate School Scholarship for Africans ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a female African possessing a very good master’s degree or its equivalent
- The last master’s or equivalent degree must have been obtained within the last six years at the time of nomination by BIGSAS.
- Not have been resident in Germany for more than fifteen months at the time of nomination for the scholarship.
- Application must be accompanied by two reports (letters of recommendation) from teaching faculty members at the home universities.
- Ensure that you use the DAAD template or make sure that the reports cover the points listed in the DAAD template.
You may be interested in: British Council Fellowship at the University of Edinburgh for Africans
How-to-Apply: Applicants for the BIGSAS/DAAD Graduate School Scholarship for Africans 2021 are to submit the required documents provided in English, French or German and must meet the required specifications and must be in PDF file which should not exceed 2MB. Click Here to start application
Require Documents: You will be required to provide the following documents
- Project Proposal
- Letter of Motivation
- Two letters of reference
- A soft copy of written and graded Master’s or equivalent thesis
- List of academic publications (if applicable)
- Curriculum vitae
- Secondary School certificate
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Master’s degree of equivalent including transcript
- Written supervisory agreement with a member of BIGSAS
Application Deadline: Closed!