The British American Tobacco (BAT) is inviting application for suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of East-South Africa Internal Communications Manager. It is a senior management position located in Cape Town, South Africa.
BAT is evolving at pace – truly like no other organisation. To achieve the ambition they have set for themselves, they are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. You can apply to be a part of the journey!
BAT SOUTH AFRICA IS LOOKING FOR AN EAST-SOUTH AFRICA INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
Proactive development and deployment of the ESA internal communication Strategy contributing to the employee engagement in alignment with the Business strategy and with focus to create a broad understanding of ESA vison, values, and views. Job holder will be also elementary to create broad understanding of our Marketing plans, New Category approach and will support the implementation of ESG as well as our Ethos.
- Reports to: Area Head of Legal & External Affairs East & Southern Africa (ESA)
- Geographic Scope: The role covers South Africa, SAM- and East Africa Cluster. Internal communication includes all Categories, HR announcements, and covers information of “the Better Tomorrow Strategy” with focus on ESG and Governance.
- Develop and deploy the internal communication strategy for ESA
- Delivers a holistic rolling 18-month cycle plan
- Align communication priorities with the Area functions (Marketing, Finance, LEX, Operations and HR and build this up within the comms plan.
- Manage the external agency and drive inspiring and clear employee interactions, preferable on digital platform
- Manage ESA townhalls and support ESA events
- Represent Internal Communication in Marketing cycle plan meetings and selective project meetings.
- Support the end market based internal communication
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Experienced and mature Manager with broad experience in Brand Marketing or internal communication with excellent campaign management skills.
- Good understanding of project management principles.
- Excellent understanding of the external environment, corporate communication, BBBEE transformation, tobacco value chain, new category portfolio and good financial acumen are a prerequisite.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills. Local languages are welcomed.
- Well-developed leadership-, multicultural skills are essential and are equally required as change management experience to drive A Better Tomorrow transformation and growth agenda.