Australia Awards Scholarships Overview: If you are interested in studying in Australia and probably wants to accomplish that on a full sponsorship, then Australia Awards scholarships is the best bait. You can apply for an award through the fully funded Australia Government scholarship program. Australia Awards scholarships are offered for full-time masters programme to last for two years or a short course which may last for 3 to 6 months.
Usually, to be considered for an Australia Awards Scholarship or the Australia Awards Short Course, applicants will check and meet the award eligibility criteria based on country of origin and selected course of study. Before you start the next application round for the Australia Awards Scholarships or before the application begins, you need to know the requirements for applying.
Study in Australia: General Eligibility Requirements
- English language courses: Students may be required to present proof of proficiency in English language depending on the level of their exposure to the language. These entry requirements generally vary between institutions.
- Choice Schools: Entry requirements vary between schools, depending on the state or territory. Academic performance and ability is considered during the application process.
- Vocational education and training (VET): In most cases, there are no entrance exams for VET institutions. However, some courses may require you to have studied specific subjects or completed work experience.
- Higher education undergraduate courses: The Australian Senior Secondary Certificate of Education (Year 12) or the overseas equivalent is required. Some undergraduate courses may also have specific prerequisite subjects.
- Higher education postgraduate course: The entry requirement here is that you have at least one degree at undergraduate level (completed). Having some research ability or relevant work experience may also be a consideration in some institutions.
- Visa requirements: The student visa you need is dependent on your course. Typical requirements include; an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) certificate; prove of sufficient funds for airfares, course fees and living costs, evidence of Overseas Student Health Cover and generally meet the Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement to study in Australia.
- You can check a more detailed entry requirements to study in Australia (here)
Australia Awards Scholarships Eligibility
In applying for the Australia Awards Scholarship, the following requirements apply
- Be a citizen of an eligible country
- Meet minimum academic requirement: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Be a mid-level to senior-level professional, currently employed in a relevant field
- Meet relevant post-graduate work experience requirements
- For Australia Awards Short Courses, applicants must be at least 25 years and not older than 55 years (this may be reviewed).
- For Australia Awards Scholarships, applicants must be at least 25 years and not older than 52 years at the date of application (may also be reviewed).
- For Australia Awards Scholarships, applicants must be applying for their first master’s degree.
- Demonstrate a clear vision of how the knowledge gained through the scholarship will be used to improve policy, practice or reform in their home country
- Satisfactory English proficiency to enable full participation in a training course delivered in English
- Satisfy all requirements of the Australian Government for the appropriate student visa (subclass 500).
- They may be additional conditions, specific the application year.
- 15 Full Scholarships in Australia without IELTS or TOEFL
- University of Adelaide International Scholarships Award 2021
- International Science Scholarships at the University of Queensland 2021
- Destination Australia Scholarships for Study in Australia
- New Zealand Government Scholarship for International Students
Australia Awards Scholarships: Major Study Destinations
Part of your application for the Australia awards scholarships will be to apply for a study place in an Australian university. Major study destinations in Australia are listed (below). Attached universities are some of the popular and high ranking universities in these destinations.
- Australian Capital Territory (Canberra) | University of Canberra
- New South Wales | University of New South Wales
- Northern Territory | Charlse Darwin University
- Queensland | University of Queensland
- South Australia | University of South Australia
- Tasmania | University of Tasmania
- Victoria | Victoria University
- Western Australia | The University of Western Australia
Note: Even when you are applying through an education agent, you should check the online education agent listing on the website of the institution you wish to study so as to find an agent who is contracted to represent them.
How to Apply
- Many education institutions in Australia accept applications for Australia Awards Scholarships directly.
- To apply directly will be a good option if you already know what and where you want to study, and do not need any help with the visa process (major study destinations and associated schools as provided above).
- Or you can apply through an education agent in your home country in the case you need such help.
Application commencement date for 2021-2022 Australia Awards Scholarships is February 1, 2021. Information on how to apply will be made available at studyinaustralia.gov.au. It is important you start now to prepare your application for a better chance of earning the award.
Application Timeline: Application window for the Australia Awards Scholarships opens February 1, 2021.