AstraZeneca Step Up Youth Global Grants Programme 2021 : Applications are invited from non-profits organizations to apply for the Astrazenca’s Young Health Global Grants Programme to help develop and deliver effective health promotion programmes. The programme aims to extend the reach and impact of AstraZenenca’s investment in young people’s health.
It builds on the success of the Young Health Programme and helps NGOs and charitable non-profits engaged in youth-centred health promotion to innovate and scale up their impact, in line with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal 3 (health and wellbeing).
Grant Sponsor(s): Charities Aid Foundation
Grant to be taken at: Globally
Grant Worth: US$10,000
Grant Slot: Not specified
Country/Candidate Eligibility: All nationalities
Discipline Eligibility: Health
Grant Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the AstraZeneca Step Up Youth Global Grants Programme 2021, applicants must ensure that they meet the following criteria:
- The fund is open to registered NGOs and non-profit charitable organizations managing youth-focused projects for health promotion or NCD prevention.
- Organizations must be ‘funding-ready’ and be able to provide appropriate documentation to verify their charitable status and financial situation.
- Interested organizations must carry out projects that address the health needs of young people aged 10-30, and/or be youth-led.
- Projects must show innovation in approach, settings or implementation and can provide evidence at the conclusion of the project of what has been delivered, as well as outcomes
and what has been learned.
Tips for Completing the Application
When planning your project and completing the application form, please make sure your application is targeted and clear. Make sure you tell us about:
- Who you intend to work with – the young people, their needs that you are addressing, and evidence of that need
- The specific outcomes you want to achieve and what difference this will make for the young people
- How you will measure the difference you will make and how you intend to learn from this
- How you might grow and develop your project in the future
For example, a good description might look like this:
Working with young people (ages and demographics given) on targeted health outcomes (eg alcohol reduction or stronger mental resilience) through a clear project (eg youth-led project in a specific community) which takes the implications of the COVID-19 pandemic into account (including how to affect those hardest to reach), with clear measurable outcomes (eg through measurement such as surveys before and after). By working with local partners (eg government) there is potential to share learning and develop the project.
Applications, and associated documents, must be submitted in English. Free online translation services can be used if English is not your first language. Please note that applicants will not be penalized for language skills.
You may be Interested in: UN Scholarships and Research Grants for International Students [Fully-Funded]
Application Procedures for the AstraZeneca Step Up Youth Global Grants Programme 2021
Applicants are to ensure that they Please ensure that you have read the programme details above carefully before deciding whether to apply. Is your project eligible and suitable for this programme? Do you already have all the documents needed for the verification checks? It is anticipated that there will be a very high demand for this programme, and all organizations which apply may not be get funding.
Application Deadline: 12th October, 2020