The Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFUND) is pleased to announce to researchers in Nigeria the opening of the TETFUND National Research Fund Grant application for the 2021/22 grant cycle.
Interested researchers for the TETFUND Grant are encouraged to send in their Concept Notes in the areas of Humanities & Social Sciences, Science, Engineering, Technology & Innovation and Cross-Cutting. The Federal Government of Nigeria has approved the sum of N8.5 billion for the current 2021 Grant Cycle.
Thematic Areas for the TETFUND National Research Fund Grant
||Humanities and Social Sciences
||National Integration, Conflict, Defense and Security
|Thematic Area 2
||Education and Human Capital
|Thematic Area 3
||Economic Development and Globalization
|Thematic Area 4
||History, Culture and Identities
|Thematic Area 5
||Languages, Literatures and Media
|Thematic Area 6
||Social Development and Welfare
|Thematic Area 7
||Population and Migration
|Thematic Area 8
||Governance, Politics, Law and Ethics
|Thematic Area 9
||Tourism, Sports and Recreation
|Thematic Area 10
||Gender, Equity and Social Inclusion
|Thematic Area 11
||Humanities, Social Sciences, Technology and Business Interface
|Science, Engineering, Technology and Innovation
|Thematic Area 12
||Agriculture and Food Security
|Thematic Area 13
||Health and Social Welfare
|Thematic Area 14
|Thematic Area 15
|Power and Energy
|Thematic Area 16
||IT, Computing & Telecommunications
|Thematic Area 17
||Space Science and Technology
|Thematic Area 18
|Thematic Area 19
|Science and Engineering
|Thematic Area 20
||Water & Sanitation
|Thematic Area 21
||Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
|Thematic Area 22
||Sustainable use of Natural Resources and Terrestrial Ecosystems
|Thematic Area 23
||Entrepreneurship & Wealth Creation
|Thematic Area 24
||Environment, Housing & Urban and Regional Development
|Thematic Area 25
|Thematic Area 26
||Science, Technology and Innovation System
|Thematic Area 27
|Thematic Area 28
||Clean and Affordable Energy
See Also: Google Research Scholar Program for Researchers 2021 (Grant Funding Available)
To be considered for the TETFUND National Research Fund Grant 2021, applicants must:
- Be lecturers in any public Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria.
- Eligible research must be multi-disciplinary and interdisciplinary research projects, comprising Researchers from various disciplines.
- The Principal Investigator (PI) for the TETFUND Grant, who must preferably be at least a Senior Lecturer in a University, Chief Lecturer in a Polytechnic or College of Education, will lead the Research Team and be personally responsible and held accountable for the conduct of the research.
- Additionally, the PI must be institution based, with the PI’s institution regarded as the Coordinating Institution.
- Additional members of the team can be drawn from Researchers in Private Tertiary Institutions, Research Institutes, Centres of Excellence and the Industry.
How-to-Apply: Interested and eligible applicants for the TETFUND National Research Fund Grant are to complete all their application on the official website. The Principal Investigator is expected to visit the online platform where he/she will be closely guided on the preparation and final submission of the Concept Note.
Application Deadline: December 28, 2021
Visit the Official Website for Further Details