African World Heritage Fund Professional Immersion Fellowship 2021: The African World Heritage Fund (AWHF) is pleased to announce the 2021 Professional Immersion Fellowship aimed at supporting African Heritage Practitioners, Academics, Site Managers and Young professionals in the field of natural and cultural heritage.
The African World Heritage Fund Professional Immersion Fellowship is funded by the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs through the African World Heritage Fund. The fellowship aims at supporting an African Professional to implement short term projects which focus on improving the state of conservation and sustainability of World Heritage properties in Africa.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and AWHF
Fellowship to be taken in: Africa
Fellowship Worth: US$10,000
Country Eligibility: Africans
African World Heritage Fund Professional Immersion Fellowship | ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
To be eligible for the African World Heritage Fund Professional Immersion Fellowship 2021:
- Applicant should be a citizen in any African country.
- Projects activities are restricted to African World Heritage Sites as declared by UNESCO.
- Project proposals MUST address challenges affecting the State of Conservation of selected World Heritage property. Projects addressing conservation and sustainability issues raised in the State of Conservation (SoC) reports and the decisions made by the World Heritage Committee will have added advantage.
- The project can address sustainability (presentation, entrepreneurship, tourism) at a World Heritage property.
- Site Managers, Youths, Heritage Professionals in Academia and Practitioners involved in the management and protection of World Heritage Sites are encouraged to apply.
- The application must be approved by the Head/Director of institution/organization accompanied by a cover letter from institution designated as responsible for World Heritage Sites endorsing the project.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the African World Heritage Fund Professional Immersion Fellowship are to complete an application form and send completed applications via email (as attachment) to AWHFProfessionalFellowship@gmail.com (with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org) before the application deadline.
Application Deadline: 12 March 2021 at 17:00 CAT