African Population and Health Research Center Internship: Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the African Population and Health Research Center Internship 2021.
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international non-profit, non-governmental organization that carries out high quality, policy relevant-research on population, health and education issues facing sub-Saharan Africa.
Company/Organisation: African Population and Health Research Center
Program Type: Internship
Program Location: Africa
Available Slots: Several
Basic Qualifications: Graduate
African Population and Health Research Center Internship 2021 | Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the African Population and Health Research Center Internship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must have completed their first degree studies.
- Must be interested in population and health research in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Must demonstrate excellent leadership abilities.
- Be able to work with little supervision and able to meet deadlines.
- Together with the assigned supervisor create a plan of action, set project goals, and manage to completion.
- Coordinate with research unit/project to determine research objectives.
- Work closely with identified supervisor to provide frequent project updates, reports etc.
- Contribute to policy engagement and strategic planning as may be needed.
- Submit an article/ publication to institutional crediting work (i.e. lay dissemination materials such as- policy/research briefs and fact sheets).
- Make at least 1 brown bag presentation during their internship period at APHRC.
- Submit a written report at least 1 week before the end of their attachment at APHRC.
- Submit an internship/visiting scholar feedback form.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the African Population and Health Research Center Internship 2021 are to submit their application before the application deadline.
- Curriculum vitae
- Certificate of completed undergraduate/master’s degree
- Letter of recommendation addressing suitability for the internship.
- Identify up to two projects that you would like to work on.
Application Deadline: April 23, 2021