African Narrative Research Fellowship Program 2021: The Africa No Filter (ANF) is pleased to announce to the public the commencement of application for the African Narrative Research Fellowship Program 2021 for emerging scholars.
The ANF Emerging Scholars Fellowship program aims to address the shortage of research about Africa by African scholars by investigating and unpacking narratives about Africa. Research Fellows in Africa will undertake a content analysis exercise for a prescribed period to clarify which narratives are harmful and which are helpful.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): ANF
Fellowship to be taken at: Africa
Fellowship Worth: See Fellowship benefits
Fellowship Slot: Not specified
Applicants will be offered funds and other mentorship benefits.
Fellowship Eligibility and Selection Criteria – African Narrative Research Fellowship Program 2021
To be considered for the African Narrative Research Fellowship Program 2021, applicants must ensure that they meet the following criteria:
- Applicants should be clear about how they conceptualise the research resulting in changing the African Narrative and what qualifies them for the research. The are also to state how they see the program developing their expertise.
- Priority will be given to African scholars from African countries or from the diaspora who are currently undertaking a PhD or a Post-doc, or those who have been in junior academic pots for less than 3 years.
- Applicants should be based at a recognized academic institute.
- Preference will be given scholars who have experience in line with the research program and/or content analysis skills.
You may also be interested in: Top 25 International Scholarships for Students to Study Abroad
Application Procedures for the African Narrative Research Fellowship Program 2021
Applicants are to ensure that they fill the online application form and submit the following documents:
- The proposal
- A cover letter outlining your interest in the project and highlighting your key strengths.
iii. A 2-3 page CV with two contactable academic references, outlining your academic qualifications and relevant research experience, as well as any applicable professional background.
- A list of publications and other outputs.
- Proof of registration/employment at a recognised academic institution.
- Proof of African nationality (e.g. certified copy of birth certificate/passport/identity document).
Application Deadline: 13 November, 2020