African Development Bank (ADB) Business Support Funding: The African Development Bank is pleased to announce its call for project proposal enhancing the viability and sustainability of women entrepreneurship enablers through the African Development Business Support Funding.
This is an opportunity for direct and concrete support for women entrepreneurship enablers to scale up their growth and impact and advance women’s financial inclusion on the continent.
African Development Bank (ADB) Business Support Funding | DETAILS
Women’s business associations, incubators, accelerators and cooperatives that advance women’s entrepreneurship can apply for funding for innovative projects or programs to bolster the skills of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) owned and run by women across Africa. African Development Bank will assess applicant’s track record in supporting women SMEs, innovation and strong development impact as well as their capacity to mobilize other sources of funding.
Eligible organizations may request funding of between $100,000 and $250,000, provided through the Bank’s Gender Equality Trust Fund. This is an opportunity to support women entrepreneurship enablers.
To be eligible for the African Development Bank (ADB) Business Support Funding, applicants must:
- Be women’s business associations, incubators, accelerators and cooperatives that advance women entrepreneurship.
- Business proposals should strive to wherever possible align with national or regional priorities on access to financial services/ financial inclusion for women SMEs.
- Project duration should not exceed 2 years for national projects or 3 years for regional projects.
- Business must be owned and run by women across Africa.
- Business must bring innovative solutions to the challenges in Africa.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the African Development Bank (ADB) Business Support Funding 2021 are to send in their proposals before the application deadline.
Application Deadline: 30th May 2021