AAAS Science and SciLife Lab Prize 2021: Are young a young scientist with an outstanding life science research track record for which a doctoral degree was awarded to you in the last two years? Then apply for the AAAS Science and SciLife Lab prize award 2021. The prize is awarded for outstanding and innovative research in life sciences.
The Prize is funded by the American Association for the Advancement of Science and Science which aims at recognizing work and research carried out while the entrant was a graduate student. Both Science/AAAS and SciLifeLab recognize that global economic health is dependent upon a vibrant research community and has made available the prize award for young scientists.
Prize Sponsor(s): AAAS and Science
Prize Worth: US$30,000
Area of Focus: See Research categories (below)
Country Eligibility: All countries
AAAS Science and SciLife Lab Prize 2021 | ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
To be eligible for the AAAS Science and SciLife Lab Prize 2021:
- The research described in the entrant’s thesis must fall within the research categories.
- The prize will only recognize work that was performed while the entrant was a graduate student
- Entrants for the prize must have been awarded their PhD within the last two years.
- Interested and qualified applicants can apply irrespective of their sex, race or nationality
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Genomics, proteomics and Systems Biology
- Ecology and Environment
- Molecular Medicine
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the AAAS Science and SciLife Lab Prize 2021 are to complete an entry form and submit same together with the required documents electronically through the prize management system.
- An essay, written by the entrant, describing the thesis work and its implications for research in the selected Subject Track. The essay must not exceed 1,000 words in length and may include one figure or table.
- A one-page reference letter from your advisor or a member of your thesis committee.
- The abstract of the thesis (not to exceed four double-spaced typed pages).
- A list of the following:
- Full citations of all published or in press papers on the research described in the essay;
- Academic and professional awards and honors that the entrant has received; and
- Relevant professional experience.
Application Deadline: 15 July 2021