The UNDP is recruiting individuals to join the 2023 Graduate Programme Pool as it launches a second batch of its 2-year Graduate Programme. The Graduate Programme offers talented graduates an excellent exposure to multilateral cooperation and sustainable development, while providing a valuable entry point into UNDP and the wider UN system.
The Programme serves to equip outstanding young graduates with the skills and experience required to kick-start a career in international development, accelerate progress towards the Sustainable Development Goals, build better futures and make a positive difference in the world.
Company/Organisation(s): United Nation Development Programme UNDP
Program Location: UNDP Regions
Program Duration: 2 years
Available Slot: 40
Basic Qualifications: Recent Graduates
Nationality: See Nationals from the countries listed (below)
2023 UNDP Graduate Programme for Graduates | What to Expect
The Graduate Programme offers a unique opportunity to contribute to UNDP’s mandate. It is a 2-year assignment with one of our country, regional, or headquarter offices. Assignments are in areas related to the Sustainable Development Goals with a focus on two streams:
- Programme and Policy: In this stream you will contribute to UNDP’s programmes and project activities.
- Corporate Operations: In this stream you will contribute to management services that support effective implementation of UNDP programmes, or work in the area of organisational policies, processes, and oversight.
In order to qualify for the UNDP Graduate Programme Pool for Recent Graduates, candidates must fulfil the following requirements:
- A completed Master’s degree in a relevant field (with not more than 2 years of work experience) or
- A completed Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (with a minimum of 2 years and not more than 3 years of relevant, paid work experience)
We encourage applications from a wide range of relevant degree courses:
- To be eligible for the Programme and Policy stream, you will likely have graduated in one or more of the following areas: political science, public administration, international relations, development studies, economics, statistics, data management, environmental science or a related field. Please review UNDP’s areas of work.
- To be eligible for the Corporate Operations stream, you will likely have graduated in one or more of the following areas: business or public administration, finance, law, procurement or supply chain management, human resources management, economics, data management, or a related field.
- You must be able to demonstrate that you are fluent in English and able to work effectively in a professional context.
- Nationals from the countries listed are particularly encouraged to apply: Angola, Antigua & Barbuda, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Cambodia, Cape Verde, Central African Republic , Chad, Comoros, Congo, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Guinea Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Iran, Kiribati, Kosovo, Libya, Marshall Islands, Morocco, Nauru, Nicaragua, Niue, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Rep. of Montenegro, Saint Lucia, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Serbia, Seychelles, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Suriname, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uruguay, Vanuatu.
Applicants participating in UNDP Graduate Programme Pool for Recent Graduates will receive the following benefits:
- A one-year international professional entry-level contract (renewable for a second year on demonstrating good performance and on availability of funding).
- A competitive entry-level salary.
- Ticket for travel between your location and your duty station.
- Paid annual leave.
- Paid sick leave.
- Health and disability insurance.
- Pension contributions.
You May Also Like: Nestlé Graduates, Apprenticeships and Internships 2023
How-to-Apply: To enrol for the UNDP Graduate Programme Pool for Recent Graduates, applicants should please submit application online through Cappfinity on the recruitment process for the Graduate Programme.
Cappfinity is a leading Company, specialised in graduate recruitment and strengths-based assessment. If your application meets the requirements set out in this vacancy announcement and is of interest to UNDP, you will be invited to take online tests aimed at assessing the above competencies. Unless otherwise indicated, the tests can be taken using a computer or a mobile device.
Application Deadline: October 12, 2023