2021 Scholarships at Wits-TUB Urban Lab in Architecture and Planning for Africans: Applications are welcome from qualified international students to apply for the 2021 scholarships in Architecture and Planning. The Wits-TUB Urban Lab is a cooperation between the School of Architecture and Planning at the University of Witwatersrand and the Technical University Berlin funded by the DAAD for scholarships in the University of Witwatersrand supported by a bilateral programme at the Technical University Berlin.
The scholarship includes a joint Wits-TU Berlin summer school week in Johannesburg in which students from TU Berlin will join the cohorts in Wits University. The scholarship programme covers four innovation areas which address SDG implementation in urban areas to include: Politics and Policy of the urban; Understanding complex urban systems; Managing change processes; Co-producing knowledge between theory and Practice. The masters scholarship covers the duration of one academic year.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): DAAD
Scholarship to be taken at: University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa
Scholarship level: Masters
Scholarship Worth: Full tuition fee, Monthly stipend and travel from home country
Subject Eligibility: Architecture and Planning
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship is for students in Sub-Saharan Africa other than South Africa.
You may also like: Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship: Distance Learning Awards for Africans, 2020
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the 2021 Scholarships at Wits-TUB Urban Lab in Architecture and Planning for Africans, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must have obtained relevant bachelor’s degree with good grades from a recognized university.
- Applicants whose last highest degree was not obtained in South Africa should provide a proof of application for assessment of their degrees by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
- Applicants must possess good communication skills and be proficient in the use of English language.
- Applicants must be willing to abide by the guidelines governing the conducts of students at the University of Witwatersrand.
Application Procedures for the 2021 Scholarships at Wits-TUB Urban Lab in Architecture and Planning for Africans
Applicants are to visit the official application website and complete their application before the scholarship deadline. They must first apply for admission into the University of Witwatersrand before they proceed to apply for the scholarship.
How to apply to the Degree Programme:
- Applications for admission in the School of Architecture and Planning at Wits University for international students for study in 2021 close 31st July, 2020.
- Applicants are to fill in the basic application form before he/she can access the full form. The whole application is found at: wits.ac.za/applications/
- Applicants whose previous degrees were obtained at a university outside South Africa must have their qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). Unless an applicant is already in possession of a SAQA evaluation, a proof of application for SAQA certificate is required and must accompany your application for scholarship.
- In order for an application to be complete, it must include all degree certificates and transcripts, CV, compulsory assignment, SAQA certificate if your highest degree was obtained outside of South Africa.
- DAAD Sub-Saharan African Regional PhD Scholarship Award Program 2019/2020
- Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarship for African Students, 2020
How to apply for the scholarship Programme
- Once an application for admission has been submitted, the candidate can then proceed to complete the bursary application form.
- Applications not using the form, or not adhering to its instructions will not be considered.
- Only scholarship applications of those whose applications for admission into the masters programme was successful will be considered.
Application Deadline: 31st July, 2020
[…] You may also like: 2021 Scholarships at Wits-TUB Urban Lab in Architecture and Planning for Africans […]