2020 Rotary Peace Fellowship for World Leaders and Scholars: The Rotary Peace Fellowship began in 2002 and has trained more than 1,300 fellows in the various Rotary Peace Centers. The fellowship is designed for leaders with work experience in peace and development. Fellows of the Rotary Peace Fellowship are committed to community as well as international service that will engender peace. Rotary Foundation each year rolls out up to 50 fellowships for master’s degree programmes and over 80 awards for certificate studies at premier universities. Applications are hereby invited from leaders around the world to apply for the 2020 Rotary Peace fellowship.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Rotary Foundation
Fellowship to be taken at: Designated Premier Universities
Fellowship Type: Full Funding
Fellowship level: Masters and Professional Certificate
Fellowship Worth: Not stated
Subject Eligibility: International Development Policy, International Peace and Conflict Resolution, Peace Studies, Peace, Conflict, Security and Development, Social Science
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship is for applicants all over the world.
Fellowship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be eligible for the 2020 Rotary Peace Fellowship for World Leaders and Scholars, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be proficient in English Language.
- Applicants must have obtained a bachelor’s degree from a reputable university before applying for the fellowship.
- Applicants must possess strong commitment to cross-cultural understanding and peace as shown through professional and academic achievements and personal or community service.
- Applicants must have at least three years of full-time experience in peace or development work.
- Applicant must demonstrate strong leadership potential.
- Applicants must be able to explain how their plan to promote peace aligns with Rotary’s mission.
- 2020 Atlantic Council Millennium Fellowship Programme
- 2020 Destination Australia Scholarships at Edith Cowan University
Application Procedure for the 2020 Rotary Peace Fellowship for World Leaders and Scholars
- Research the curriculum and programs at each of the Rotary Peace Centers. You will be asked to rank two centers you prefer for the Master’s program and one center for the certificate program.
- Submit your application by 31 May. Applications require a resume, academic and/or professional recommendations, essays, transcripts, social impact plan (certificate only), and test scores (master’s only). All materials must be in English.
- Get endorsed. As part of the application process, you need to connect with a Rotary district and get endorsed. Districts are regionally-based Rotary representatives located throughout the world. You can identify and contact your local Rotary district directly through the application platform. The district will interview you then submit an endorsement decision for your application.
- Engage with Rotary. Use the Club Finder to locate the Rotary club nearest you. Connecting with a club is a great way to learn about Rotary’s work in your community and around the world. Clubs recommendations are optional, but strongly recommended as part of your application.
- Await selection results. Email notifications will be sent in November. If you are chosen for a fellowship, you will be told at which Peace Center you will study.
- Apply for admission to the university where your Peace Center is located. Being selected for the fellowship does not mean you have been admitted to the university.
Application Deadline: 31st May, 2020