2019 Application for Africa Oxford Initiative Travel Grant: Interested and qualified persons are invited to apply for the Africa Oxford Initiative (AfOx) travel grants made available yearly for Africa researchers collaborating with UK counterparts. If you are a researcher in any higher institutions in Africa and have any interest in running a collaborative work in the UK, then you are qualified for this grant.
Grant Sponsor(s): Africa Oxford Initiative
Grant Type: travel grant
Grant level: Student of any level can access grants
Slots: Not stated
Grant Worth: scholarship value not stated but will cover full tuition and other related spending
Subject Eligibility: Not applicable
Country/Candidate Eligibility: grants made available to students of African origin
English Language Requirement: Not Applicable
About Grant Sponsor:
The Africa Oxford Initiative (AfOx) is a cross university platform which facilitates equitable and sustainable partnerships between The University of Oxford and African institutions and ensures that Africa remains a strategic priority for the University.
- The Travel Grant can be used to cover costs of travel (in either direction i.e. University of Oxford, UK to an institution in Africa or vice versa), accommodation and incidental expenses to a maximum of £5000 (it is anticipated that visits in general will be for periods between 1-8 weeks).
- The travel award may cover more than two people and additional individuals should be named under ‘Purpose of the Grant.
- If awarded funds must be spent within one year. Administration of the award will be the responsibility of the home department of the Oxford applicant including visa, travel and other financial expenditure.
Eligibility for the 2019 Africa Oxford Initiative Travel Grant
- Applications are made jointly between an academic or researcher based in an institution in Africa and a member of staff at The University of Oxford.
- Applications are open to all disciplines. Where applicable please indicate how your project addresses a particular challenge linked to development issues.
How to Apply for the 2019 Africa Oxford Initiative Travel Grant
Applications for grants are done online through the link provided. Interested individuals should visit the grant official webpage to get more information and apply
The application will be reviewed and applicants will receive feedback within 7 days. Applicants will be required to submit a brief report within one year of the award to give details of outputs arising from the collaborative visit.
Recommended Post(s): Commonwealth Scholarship to Study in Australia and Canada, 2019