WomEng Southern Africa Fellowships for Africans 2020: Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the 2020 Women in Engineering Southern Africa Fellowship which aims to develop leadership, innovation, employability and well-being skills required by young graduates to succeed in the engineering industry and beyond. Success applicants will have an opportunity to attend an in-person networking event with leaders from De Beers Group in their respective countries.
The fellowship will have four modules running from September 2020- March 2021 with an assignment and feedback required at the end of each module. There will be thinking, discussing, writing and reflecting tasks designed to shape the way fellows think about themselves as engineering professional and leader. Applicants are encouraged to apply for the fellowship position before the application deadline.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): De Beer Group
Fellowship to be taken at: Africa
Fellowship level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
Fellowship Worth: See Benefits
Subject Eligibility: Engineering
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The fellowship is for African applicants.
You may also like: Miles Morland Foundation Writing Scholarship for Africans 2020
Fellowship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the WomEng Southern Africa Fellowships for Africans 2020, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applications are open to all engineering, technology and built environment students that identify as women.
- Applicants must be studying full-time at a university or university of technology in South Africa, Botswana or Namibia. Applicants that are to citizens of South Africa, Namibia or Botswana are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be in the second to final year of undergraduate studies or full-time postgraduate studies.
- Applicants must be able to commit between 7-9 hours each month between September 2020- March 2021 to participate in the programme. The programme is designed taking into consideration foreseen academic workloads.
- Gain exclusive access to WomEng developed resources for leadership, innovation, employability and well-being.
- Grow professional network
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study Fellowships at Harvard University 2020
- 2020 John S. Knight Journalism Fellowship in USA ($80,000 Stipend)
Application Procedures for the WomEng Southern Africa Fellowships for Africans 2020
Applications must be completed online. It is advised that responses are completed offline first as applicants cannot save their application and return. Applicants can download the questions.
Application Deadline: 31st July, 2020