Wolfson Postgraduate Scholarships at University of York: The Wolfson Foundation awards funding to outstanding students who demonstrate the potential to make an impact on their chosen field of study. These scholarships are available to international (including EU) and UK (home) students with notable academic excellence.
Government schemes, like Doctoral Training Partnerships (DTPs) and Centres for Doctoral Training (CDTs), are the main sources of financial support for postgraduate researchers. We award over £7m of funding each year through UK Research and Innovation (ukri.org).
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Wolfson Foundation
Scholarship Type: Academic Excellent Award
Host Institution(s): University of York, UK
Scholarship Worth: £17,668 per annum, plus tuition fees
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: Domestic & International Students
Wolfson Postgraduate Scholarships | DETAILS
We update many of our opportunities annually, so some of those listed below may soon become available again for applications.
- AHRC White Rose College of the Arts and Humanities (WRoCAH) Open Competition Studentships
- Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) WRoCAH Collaborative Doctoral Awards
- BBSRC White Rose DTP (WR DTP) in Mechanistic Biology
- BBSRC White Rose DTP (WR DTP) in Mechanistic Biology: Diverse Talent Scholarships
- ESRC White Rose Social Sciences DTP (WR DTP) Scholarships
- NERC DTP in Adapting to the Challenges of a Changing Environment (ACCE)
- York Graduate Research School (YGRS) PhD Scholarships
To be eligible, you must:
- Open to International (including EU) and UK (home) students.
- Students can make one application for funding through the open competition at either York, Leeds or Sheffield.
- Have applied for, and ideally be in receipt of an offer of a place on, a PhD programme in the relevant department
- Have a First or 2:1 honours degree or equivalent prior to commencing the PhD
- Have completed a Masters-level qualification before commencing the PhD
- Have a research project that fits within at least one of the Wolfson Foundation’s Subject Disciplines of History, Languages and Literature.
- The applicant should be applying for a place on a course in one of the following departments:
- Department of Archaeology
- Department of English and Related Literature
- Department of History
- Department of History of Art
- Department of Language and Linguistic Science
- Department of Music
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Theatre, Film, Television and Interactive Media
- Centre for Medieval Studies
- Centre for Women’s Studies
How-to-Apply: You should apply for a place on a PhD programme at least one month in ad vance of the studentship application deadline.
Up to 48 hours after completing your PhD application, you will receive a 9-digit ID number. You will need this number to make your studentship application.
You should also leave time to discuss your studentship application with your supervisor.
You must apply online via the WRoCAH website. The application form and the Guidance Notes for Applicants are available here:
Application Deadline: January 25, 2023