Applications are invited from suitably qualified South African students enrolled in a full-time undergraduate programme in a South African tertiary institution to apply for the Vodacom Bursary Programme.
The bursary programme is an academic merit bursary open to fulltime first-year, second-year or third-year students intending to study or who are studying towards Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics fields but may lack necessary resources to study further.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Vodacom
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): South African Higher Institutions
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship benefits (below)
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: South Africans
Vodacom Bursary Programme 2022 | Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the Vodacom Bursary Programme for South Africans 2022, interested applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a South African citizen by birth.
- Must undertake full-time undergraduate studies in a South African tertiary institution.
- Must pass Grade 12 with exemption, obtaining 70% or higher across all subjects.
- Must have obtained a minimum of 65% average or higher if in first year of tertiary and above.
- May apply of already in first year (upwards) if studying at an accredited South African tertiary institution and meet all criteria above.
Benefits (Key offerings)
- Full university accommodation
- Capped amount – private accommodation
- Full registration and Tuition
- Text book allocation
- Meal allowance
- Orientation workshop for all new students who are accepted on the programme
- Workplace exposurethrough structured Vacation Work programme
- Work Readiness skills training to prepare the final year bursars into the world of work
- Full access to Wellness Programme (ICAS) services.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Vodacom Internship Programme for South Africans are to apply online before the application deadline. Once application have been received, a confirmation email will be sent to applicants.
Application Deadline: 31st August 2022