USIU-Africa Mastercard Foundation Scholarship 2023: United States International University-Africa (USIU-Africa) is pleased to announce its partnership with the Mastercard Foundation for its global scholars Program.
The initiative will offer academically talented youths from Africa facing financial, gender, displacement or disability constraints an opportunity to access world-class university education.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): USIU-Africa and Mastercard Foundation
Scholarship to be taken in: United States International University-Africa
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits (below)
Scholarship Level: Undergraduate
Eligible Areas: See Eligible programs (below)
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Africans
Also Check: Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at University of Rwanda for Africans 2023
USIU-Africa Mastercard Foundation Scholarship 2023 | Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the scholarship applicants must;
1. Be 29 years and below at the time of application
2. Meet the minimum university entry grade of a C+ and above or its equivalent as set by the Kenya
Commission for University Education. Applicants interested in courses in the school of Pharmacy and
Health sciences must have a mean grade of B- or its equivalent and at least a C+ or B- in the cluster
subjects of English, Mathematics, Biology and Chemistry. International applicants must meet the
3. Must be interested in any of the approved 13 undergraduate degree programs (detailed on application form) for the Scholars Program at USIU-Africa under the following schools
- Science and Technology
- Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- Communication, Cinematic and Creative Arts
- Business Administration
- Humanities and Social Sciences
Recommended: List of Top Government Scholarships 2023 | Fully Funded
Summary of benefits will include;
- Tuition and functional fees;
- Laptops, books, and other learning materials;
- Reasonable accommodation and meals;
- Medical insurance;
- Transport to and from home;
- Access to leadership training;
- Access to entrepreneurial training;
- Psycho-social support, career counseling, and mentorship.
- Disability needs will be reasonably catered for
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the USIU-Africa Mastercard Foundation Scholarship can apply through the following steps:
- A. Interested applicants can fill in the application form attached in this call for applications. The same can also be downloaded from the website on this link: https://www.usiu.ac.ke/mastercardfoundation-scholars-program. Application forms can also be picked from the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program office at the School of Graduate Studies, Research and Extension, 2nd floor.
- B. Before filling in the application form, please read through all the instructions and required information.
- C. Submit complete application together with other supporting documents required by email ensuring that the scanned copy of the scholarship application form and all the required documents are scanned in PDF format. Clearly name while sending with your name and nationality as the email subject to: email@example.com or drop your application at the Scholars Program Office, located in the School of Graduate Studies, Research and Extension building at USIUAfrica.
Application Deadline: February 20, 2023
Hello Admin, is the form supposed to be filled in ink? If yes,the spaces provided for 300 words essay isn’t enough. What do you suggest.
Hello Janet, Try your possible best to ensure that writing is within the allowable limit and space provided. Regards
What are the those 11 programs to be applied for.
This is open to all African nationals right??
Yes Larona, based on the stated eligibility conditions
Hi, only young women of at most 29years are eligible for the program?
I guess that is what the eligibility condition says
Thanks alot am a male refugee who have no excess to school and I hoping to end this condition by giving male students like me a chance to apply please
Any master programs, msc criminology
Am a refugee who needs help to pursue my education
What about male youths?
How do I apply
Hello Richard, you can follow the steps below to apply.
Download the application forms from Here or pick the forms from the Admissions Office, located in the Main Administration building at USIU-Africa at no cost.
Submit completed application forms by email as an attachment, ensuring that the scanned copy of the scholarship application form and all the required documents are legible and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop your application at Admissions Office, located in the Main Administration building at USIU- Africa, or post your application to:
Program Director, Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program, USIU-Africa, P.O. Box 14634 – 00800, Nairobi