The University of Oxford is now accepting applications for the 2024/2025 Clarendon Scholars Program. Over 500 Clarendon Scholarships are awarded to on-course scholars from around 70 different nations. International students with excellent academic records are invited to apply to study fully funded at the University of Oxford, United Kingdom.
Clarendon Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence. The purpose for funding is simple; to assist academically outstanding graduate students through their studies at the University of Oxford. Scholarships are open to both full-time and part-time postgraduate students.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Oxford
- Host Institution(s): University of Oxford
- Scholarship Worth: Not stated
- Number of Awards: Up to 500 per year
- Study Level: Masters and PhD
- Nationality: International Students
Eligibility Criteria | University of Oxford Clarendon scholarship 2024
Clarendon scholarship is open to both full-time and part-time domestic and international students. However, the scholarships are awarded considering majorly three categories of selection criteria;
- Outstanding academic record: An excellent academic record is essential. The majority of successful scholars usually have at least a first-class honours degree or its equivalent. For example a GPA score of at least 3.7, if the mark is out of 4, noting that a lot of the Clarendon scholars achieve higher than this score.
- Future potential and aptitude: Particular consideration is given to an applicant’s future academic potential and aptitude of the proposed course of study; usually derived from reviewing candidate’s references and research proposals.
- Student motivation: Assessed through evidence of the applicant’s commitment to the proposed course as well as evaluation of the personal statement and the referees’ reports.
Clarendon scholarship draws funding from multiple sources such as colleges, academic departments and divisions, University trust funds, and external organisations; hence there’s no fixed amount for the award. Scholarship is expected to cover:
- Tuition Fees
- Living Expenses
- Accommodation fees
- Book Allowance and
- Research allowance
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants can apply to be considered for Clarendon scholarship when applying for a course at Oxford following the application timeline. By selecting Clarendon scholarship during your application, you’ll be automatically selected for the scholarship award if you are qualified.
Application Deadline: December or January (Yearly)