University of Manchester President’s Doctoral Scholar (PDS) Award: Applications are hereby welcomed from international students as the University of Manchester offers more than 100 studentships every year through the President’s Doctoral Scholar Award scheme, launched by Professor Dame Nancy Rothwell.
The PDS Award will give the most outstanding students from around the world a foundation to support research training with prominent academics across a full range of subjects.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Manchester, UK
Scholarships to be taken at: University of Manchester, UK
Scholarships level: PhD Program
Scholarships Worth: Fully-funded with Tuition fees and Maintenance stipend
Number of Award: 100+
Subject Eligibility: Any discipline
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students
University of Manchester President’s Doctoral Scholar (PDS) Award | DETAILS
The University will only consider applications for these full scholarships once you receive a formal offer. Application forms will be provided to the Primary Supervisor following the issue of an offer letter to the candidate for a PhD programme.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Candidates are expected to meet the following eligibility criteria for the University of Manchester President’s Doctoral Scholar (PDS) Award 2021
- Applicants must be international students
- Applicants must be admitted into PhD program.
- Must hold a conditional/unconditional offer for a PhD programme to commence in September 2021;
- Applicants must hold (or are about to obtain) a first-class honours undergraduate degree (or international equivalent) from a reputable institution;
- Ideally, hold a master’s-level qualification at merit or distinction (or international equivalent);
- Must have a track record of engaging with research. This may include contributions to publications/articles, promoting their research to a wider audience, prizes for research or project work;
- Must be interested in attending a series of exclusive events to facilitate interactions with our academic community and network with other PDS award holders.
The benefits of the 3.5-year fully-funded scholarships of University of Manchester President’s Doctoral Scholar (PDS) Award 2021 will cover:
- All university tuition fees at the international rate;
- An annual maintenance stipend (at UKRI rate).
How-to-Apply: If you wish to be considered for this award, you must first follow all the usual admissions processes and receive a conditional/unconditional PhD offer. As such, the University asks that online PhD applications are submitted by 25 March 2021 to enable review, interview and supervisor selection.
On your application form in the funding section, state that you intend to apply for a PDS Award. See information on potential projects and supervisors and information on how to submit an online PhD application.
Once you have been interviewed and offered a PhD place, you will then work with your Primary Supervisor to complete the PDS application form, which needs to be submitted to the Faculty Doctoral Academy by 30 April 2021.
All PDS applications will be reviewed internally and a shortlist of candidates will be interviewed before final offers on funding are made interviews are expected to take place in early June 2021. We will award three fully-funded scholarships within the Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2021