The University of Alberta is offering a number of scholarships for international students to study in Canada. Exceptional international students enrolling to study at the University of Alberta are considered both for the admission-based and application-based scholarships. Applications are currently invited for those starting in 2024.
A scholarship application is an opportunity for you to describe your best attributes and accomplishments at the University of Alberta and in your community. You could be starting with scholarships you do not even have to apply for. You will be evaluated for these scholarships when you apply for admission.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Alberta, Canada
- Host Institution(s): University of Alberta, Canada
- Scholarship Worth: Full tuition Award
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Undergraduates
- Nationality: International Students
Notable University of Alberta International Scholarships 2024
The General International Undergraduate Scholarships includes Admission-based and Application-based scholarship opportunities and see what may be available for you:
1# President’s International Distinction Scholarship:
Students with a superior admission average and demonstrated leadership qualities entering their first year of an undergraduate degree on a Student Visa Permit could receive up to $120,000 CAD (payable over 4 years).
2# May Quon Undergraduate Scholarship:
Students with a superior admission average and self-declared financial need entering their first year of an undergraduate degree on a Student Visa Permit who are Chinese or Hong Kong citizens could receive up to $100,000 (payable over 4 years).
3# International Leader Scholarship
Well-rounded leaders with superior academics may receive up to $10,000 CAD.
4# International Admission Scholarship:
Top students could receive up to $5,000 CAD, depending on admission average.
5# Regional Excellence Scholarship:
Top students from certain regions could receive up to $5,000 CAD, based on admission average.
6# Gold Standard Scholarship:
The top 5% of students in each faculty could receive up to $6,000, depending on admission average.
To be eligible for the University of Alberta International Scholarships 2024, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be international students
- Applicants must be an undergraduate student
- Applicants must be ready to enrol in full-time degree program
- Excellence academic records is an advantage for admission-based scholarships
How-to-Apply: To be considered for University of Alberta International Scholarships 2024, you must apply to an undergraduate degree program before you can apply for any entrance scholarships. Check out some of the tips about how to apply, or visit the scholarship application form to get started.
- Work on your application in a document outside of the Student Application Portal to take advantage of spelling and grammar correction software and avoid technical problems in the application.
- Focus on your greatest achievements. Select your top achievements or experiences that you are most proud of and focus on those in your application. Achievements or experience could include but are not limited to: mentorship, community involvement, volunteerism, public service, athletics, academics, and involvement in societies/clubs.
- Responses should be thoughtful and well-developed. Your application should highlight who you are and what you are passionate about.
- Provide specific examples of experiences that demonstrate reflection and growth within your experience or more generally in your life.
- Think about what sets you apart from other scholarship applicants. Outline experiences or achievements that demonstrate your impact.
- Be creative, show your passion, and put things in your own words. A well-crafted, unique application will allow you to stand out
Application Deadline: January 11, 2024