The Shoprite Group opens bursary applications for the 2023 and 2024 academic years to high-achieving students to apply for its comprehensive bursaries for the 2023 and 2024 academic years.
In the last financial year, the retailer spent over R16 million on its bursary programme, which funded 206 students. The Shoprite Group bursary applications covers tuition fees and on-campus accommodation.
Company/Organisation(s): Shoprite Group, South Africa
Program Location: South Africa
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Undergraduates
Nationality: South Africans
Shoprite Group Bursary Applications | What to Expect
As the largest private sector employer in South Africa, the Group is one of the top graduate employers in the country. In 2022, for the second consecutive year, the retailer was awarded the Gradstar Students’ Choice Award for Retail Employer of Choice, an award voted for by students.
This program is available to Students enrolled for degree studies in Criminology, Accounting, Information Technology, E-Commerce, Retail Business Management.
To be eligible for Shoprite Group Bursary Applications for Academic Students, applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be a South African citizen
- Applicants must NOT be older than 27 years old
- Applicants must have completed Matric
- Applicants must be studying towards either of these qualifications: BCom Accounting, B.Acc (CA stream)
- Applicants must be in your 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of study or PGDA / CTA
- Applicants must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65%
- Applicants must have achieved a minimum result of 65% for Accounting, Auditing and Taxation subjects
- Applicants must be studying at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution within South Africa
How-to-Apply: Interested Students seeking for Shoprite Group Bursary, enrolled for degree studies in Criminology, Accounting, Information Technology, E-Commerce, Retail Business Management and more can now apply for funding, which covers tuition fees and on-campus accommodation.
Application Deadline: On-going