The Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Fellowships 2024/2025 application is now open. Particularly, women pursuing post-graduate studies in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) disciplines at leading research institutes around the world are invited to apply.
The Schlumberger Foundation is a nonprofit organization that supports science and technology education. Recognizing the link between science, technology, and socio-economic development, as well as the key role of education in realizing individual potential, the Schlumberger Foundation’s flagship program is Faculty for the Future.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Schlumberger Foundation
Host Institution(s): Research Institutes Around the World
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Masters/PhD
Nationality: Developing Countries
Eligibility Criteria | Faculty for the Future Fellowship 2024
You are eligible to apply if you;
- are a female and are a citizen of a developing country or emerging economy where women are underrepresented in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) disciplines*. You are not eligible to apply if you hold dual citizenship of which one is citizenship of a developed country. (N.B. If you have been awarded a Faculty for the Future grant and after the award you obtain citizenship of a developed country, the grant will be discontinued as of the date of such additional citizenship)
- are preparing for a PhD degree or post-doctoral research in a STEM discipline. The Faculty for the Future program does not fund Master level studies;
- are enrolled, admitted or have applied to a host university/research institute abroad (applications are no longer accepted where a candidate has not yet applied to a university). If you are applying for a sandwich course the final degree must be awarded by the Host University abroad or jointly (i.e., but not solely from the home country university);
- hold an excellent academic record and are willing to go back to your home country or region upon completion of your studies to contribute to its socio-economic development;
- have a proven record of teaching experience in your home country and can demonstrate your commitment to going back home to: i) an academic or research position in a STEM faculty; ii) and/or to using your knowledge to become a STEM entrepreneur to help resolve regional challenges in your local community/region; iii) and/or to demonstrating leadership by contributing to the public sector using your scientific skills to help provide evidence-based support for STEM policy making, including topics of gender representation;
- can demonstrate leadership skills, active community outreach and have a track record in encouraging girls and women into STEM.
How to Apply: Interested and eligible candidates can apply online for the Schlumberger Foundation 2024-2025 Faculty for the Future Fellowships. Please follow the below instructions to submit your application;
- NEW Applicants: If you are a New Applicant and believe you meet all the eligibility criteria, then you can proceed to register for an account at the official application portal.
- RENEWAL Applicants: If you are a Renewal Applicant, then proceed to the portal with your login details. Application portal opens in September to November (yearly dates might vary).
Application Deadline: 10 November 2023.