The German Government through the SBW Berlin Scholarship 2024 is inviting applications from suitably qualified international students for its fully funded scholarship programme aimed at supporting young students from developing countries.
The SBW Berlin Scholarship is available for students taking up undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Germany. The scholarship contributes to the global promotion and transmission of knowledge and education.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): SBW Berlin
- Scholarship Type: Full Funding
- Host Institution(s): Institutions in Germany
- Scholarship Worth: See Benefits (below)
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
- Nationality: International students
SBW Berlin Scholarships 2024 | Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the SBW Berlin Scholarships for international students, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Between the ages of 18 and 30
- Possess professional or volunteer experience in the non-profit/social sector (supported by letters of recommendation from the social institution or non-profit organization)
- Have demonstrably not resided in Germany for more than 18 months prior to application
- Have University entrance qualification*
- Have the intention to work for at least 18 months in the country of origin after graduation or to engage in charitable activities in Germany until the repayment plan is fulfilled
- Proven relatively low net income
- Average grade equivalent to a German grade point average of at least 2.0
- Have no first-degree family members permanently residing in Germany
- Application before the start of studies or fully enrolled in the first, second or maximum third semester at a state-recognized university (in Germany or abroad) or application for a master’s degree shortly before or after obtaining a bachelor’s degree
- Tuition fees
- Living cost allowance
- Travel costs
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the SBW Berlin Scholarships 2024 are to first apply for admission into a university or university of applied sciences in Berlin or Potsdam. This is done separately to the scholarship application and applicants are solely responsible for this.
The application form for all three types of scholarships is only available on the online application portal of SBW Berlin and is only shared as a link. Please note that a letter of recommendation or a letter of motivation is required first.
Only after a careful examination of this letter will outstanding applicants be granted access to the online application portal.
Application Deadline: Varies