These are fully funded scholarships and internship opportunities to study in South Africa and Germany. For applicants from Sub-Saharan African countries with an excellent academic record, the DRD offers a limited number of DAAD merit scholarships per year.
Masters and PhD students are invited to apply for a chance to be awarded the full scholarships. Apart from full scholarships for participation in one of the above mentioned programmes a number of mobility scholarships for Master students are available each year.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): SA-GER CDR/DAAD.
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): SA-GER CDR/ Ruhr-University Bochum
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits (below)
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Masters and PhD
Nationality: African Students
Alsoo Check: Fully-Funded Africa Scholarship Programme at Wageningen University & Research, Netherlands
SA-GER CDR Postgraduate Scholarships and Internships | DETAILS
These scholarships for fully funded for Masters and PhD study in SA and are also aimed at funding a study period in Germany. Scholarships are available for full-time students of the following courses
- Masters in Development Studies
- Master in Public Administration
- MA in Development Management
- PhD options at the centre (PhD UWC)
- Scholarship applicants are advised to carefully read about the specific entry requirements and course application procedure of the programme of their choice. The information is available from the respective programmes sections. In addition to programme requirements, all applicants have to meet the following requirements:
- Applicants should be from Sub-Sahara Africa
- Applicants should have an outstanding academic record – at least 70% for your last degree
- Applicants should apply within 6 years of having completed their previous degree
- The study must have been completed at an internationally recognised university
- The previous degree (Baccalaureus or Master) should have been an academic discipline which is related to Development Studies or Public Administration
- South African students are required to have an honours degree in order to be admitted to a Masters degree course. Other students need the equivalent of a 4 year undergraduate degree
- Applicants must provide evidence of proficiency in English, both written and spoken. This can be TOEFL test or a similar standard test or a letter from an academic institution
- Work and/or voluntary experience in your field of interest would be a recommendation
- Women are encouraged to apply
- South African students are encouraged to apply
- Applicants must be able to study fulltime at the UWC for the required period.
Recommended: ARPPIS-DAAD Scholarships for study at icipe, Kenya (Fully-Funded)
- Tuition and registration fees are covered by the Scholarship Programme.
- Plus monthly allowances of 650 Euro plus travel allowances for Master candidates and 900 Euro plus travel allowances for PhD candidates.
- Internship Placement in reputable German organisations
- How-to-Apply: You will have to fill in an electronic application form; the e-form can only be submitted once, please make sure that your application is complete before submitting it!
- For the MADM please refer to the “How to apply” section of the Bochum programme or the course homepage.
- Application Documents: Documents that have to be uploaded when using the e-form are mentioned in the respective “How to apply” sections of each programme!
- Contact Information: For additional information on the courses or on registration please write to email@example.com
- Application Deadline: Varies