New Zealand Scholarships for Developing Countries: The Government of New Zealand is pleased to announce the commencement of application for the 2020/2021 New Zealand Government Scholarship scheme for international students in tertiary institutions in New Zealand or at a Pacific university.
The purpose of a New Zealand Scholarship is to fund the training of citizens from developing countries so that they can impact positively on their country’s development through knowledge sharing of new skills and knowledge gained during their study period. Eligible applicants are encouraged to take advantage of the opportunity and apply to the scholarship.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Government of New Zealand
Scholarship to be taken at: New Zealand
Scholarship Type: Fully-Funded
Scholarship level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
Scholarship Worth: Full tuition fees, living allowance NZ$480 weekly, Establishment allowance NZ$3000 for accommodation expenses, text books and study materials, medical and travel insurance, research and thesis assistance for many postgraduate research students.
Subject Eligibility: All fields of study
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship is for students from Algeria, Angola, Argentina, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Botswana, Brazil, Cambodia, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Botswana, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Ghana, Grenada, Haiti, Honduras, Indonesia, Jamaica, Jordan, Kenya, Lao PDR, Lesotho, Malawi, Malaysia, Mexico, Mongolia, Myanmar, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Niue Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor Leste, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, Tunisia, Uganda, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be eligible for the New Zealand Government Scholarship for International Students, 2020, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be from the eligible countries to apply for the New Zealand Government scholarship.
- Applicants are to complete the online questionnaire to confirm eligibility. Questions such as which country you hold citizenship; How long you have been living in your home country; How much work experience you have; whether your country is among the eligible countries for the scholarship.
- Applicants for the New Zealand Government scholarship must be up to the age of 18 years before the commencement of the scholarship.
- Macquarie University Scholarship for African Students, 2020
- International Excellence Scholarship 2020 at Federation University, Australia
Application Procedure for the New Zealand Government Scholarship for International Students, 2020
New applicants are to complete the online eligibility test to see if applicant is eligible to apply. Applicants are to proceed to register for a New Zealand scholarship account if he/she is eligible. Applicants will be asked to register and therefore begin the registration process for New Zealand Scholarship Account.
Applicants are to set a password for their New Zealand Scholarship Account. Applicants can then complete their application and submit before the application closing date.
Application Deadline: 12:00 pm NZ Time on 28th February, 2020