MTN Foundation Scholarship for Undergraduate Students 2020/21: The MTN Foundation (MTNF) is pleased to announce the commencement of the application process for the 2020/21 MTN Foundation Science and Technology scholarship for the academic session. The scholarship provides financial support to bright students who might not otherwise be able to pay for their tertiary education and also aims to recognize and reward academic excellence.
The scholarship is renewed every year until the students graduate from tertiary institutions provided they are able to maintain a minimum CGPA of 3.5 or its equivalent throughout their period of study. New applications are welcome from students on full-time studies in their second year of study.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): MTN Foundation
Scholarship to be taken at: Nigeria
Scholarship level: Undergraduate
Scholarship Worth: N 200,000 annually
Subject Eligibility: See Course Eligibility
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship is for Nigerian applicants.
You may also like: Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship for Nigerian Students 2021
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the MTN Foundation Scholarship for Undergraduate Students 2020/21, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be from public Universities, Polytechnics and colleges of Education in Nigeria in their second year (200 level).
- Applicants in their second year of study must possess a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 or its equivalent (2:1).
- Direct entry level students must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from their respective OND programme and must have been admitted into second year in a public university.
- Extension and Rural Development
- Agricultural Science
- Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Animal Nutrition
- Animal Production and Health
- Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
- Applied Physics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer and Information Science
- Computer and Mathematics
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Electronics and Computer Technology
- Electronics Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Industrial Mathematics
- Industrial Physics
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Petroleum and Gas Engineering
- Physics Electronics
- Physics/Computational Modelling
- Pure/Applied Physics
- Statistics and Computer Science
- System Engineering
- Merit-Based Local Scholarships For Undergraduates in Nigeria
- Rhodes Global Scholarship to Study in UK 2020/2021
Applicants who are qualified will be shortlisted for an assessment test. They will be required to come with two recent passport photographs and original and photocopy of the documents listed below:
- Admission letter from JAMB and Institution of study
- Valid Student Identity Card
- Any other means of identification (National ID card, International Passport or Driver’s license
- Admission letter for the HND programme (Polytechnic students only)
Application Procedures for the MTN Foundation Scholarship for Undergraduate Students 2020/21
Applicants are to note that applications are done online and all required documents are to be submitted before the application deadline.
Application Deadline: July 21, 2020